INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EQMOD will not connect with cable at all

• Thank you received: 140
Ok, will try this in the morning, cheers… 
2 years 8 months ago #72894

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ok, tried the dmseg, and it does show the port as you say it’s trying to connect to ttyUSB0
so tried that in the port box but still no good…
it says port in use by another device, so tried ttyUSB1 and same, yet there are only two devices and ports found….
2 years 8 months ago #72926

• Thank you received: 17
Have you tried to connect only the mount with no other devices plugged in. I recently experienced this with a friends set up on Raspbian set up where his Pi 4 setup with an EQ6 mount would not connect the mount same message as you, the port was in use by another device. The solution was to connect only the mount via the powered hub and get it to connect, save the settings in INDI and power the Pi down. Then add the other devices one at a time, ie Mount plus Guide camera, get both connected then save the settings in INDI on the new device and power the Pi down, then Mount plus Guide Camera and Focuser etc, saving the configuration in INDI on the latest device and powering down between each additional device, repeated until all the devices are connected. This was the only way we could get it to connect all the devices. Once done it connects all the devices first time every time on power up.
2 years 8 months ago #72979

@Alan,
yes tried all that, and makes no difference, I have tried everything and just no good….. :(
2 years 8 months ago #72988

• Thank you received: 102
Okay good news that the OS is recognizing the USB device when you plug it in.

Let's try running the backend INDI components manually, instead of letting KStars/Ekos start them automatically.

First thing to do is go into Ekos, and set it to remote instead of local.

Save that, but don't tell Ekos to connect yet.

Open a terminal, and type:
killall indiserver

Just to make sure any backend INDI stuff is shutdown.

Now let's run just the EQMod INDI backend. Type the following:
indiserver indi_eqmod_telescope

Then go ahead and tell Ekos to connect. Ekos will complain that it can't find some of your other devices. That's okay for now.

Once the INDI control panel pops up, see if the EQMod driver can now connect.

2 years 8 months ago #73007
Attachments:

Hi,
no exactly the same…but thanks… :)
it comes up EQMOD mount online, then tries to connect to the port, fails and then says EQMOD mount offline, and if I stop and try again it will not open at all, I have to shut all ekos down and start again, to get mount online…
2 years 8 months ago #73035

Ok, some info…
i have now tried the both EQMOD cables I have with three versions of Stellarmate from one 18 months old right up to the latest and done the same with Astroberry, and will not work on any of them.
also tried on Ascom with the N.I.N.A Astro software and both cables and mount connect and work perfectly 
so that rules out the cables and the mount…but why will it not work on all versions if INdI going back 18 months, yet six months ago the cable worked fine on INdI, ??? totally bemused….
2 years 8 months ago #73040

Before telling Ekos to connect, can you click the Logs button and enable debug logging, as shown below? Then try to connect, then grab the log file and upload it here? The logs window has a button at the bottom to take you to the logs folder.

2 years 8 months ago #73043
Attachments:

I did post these on the first page of the thread… Or were they not correct….?

2 years 8 months ago #73044

The logs from the first post were showing "port is in use" errors. I wanted to see if that was still the error, or if there is a different error. Especially since we now eliminated all the other INDI drivers, in an attempt to figure out why the file was already in use, and by what.

If the error you are getting is still port is in use, go to a terminal and run
lsof /dev/ttyUSB0

(if ttyUSB0 is the correct one) and post the output. lsof will show what process(s) has a file open.
2 years 8 months ago #73045

I Have had another go this afternoon, and what happens is when I click on start in ekos with only the mount connected, and no other devises, it shows EQMOD mount online. And all the EQMOD INdI tabs show for the mount, so I then click connect, it tries straight away to connect to the correct port, then after a few seconds, it shows an error, “failed to connect to port, tty timeout error”, and then on the ekos panel it shows EQMOD mount offline, please make sure mount is connected and turned on….which it is….then the mount is showing as offline it EKOS does not try to connect again until I stop INdI and restart then it just repeats, only occasionally it says the port is in use, but that is when there is more devices connected, mainly my Pegasus UPB…but have not been having that connected today…

Jasem has also logged onto my PC and checked the serial communication with “cutecom” software, and it will not show any communication on the mount port at all, so he says it’s not an INdI issue, and so must be cable or mount, (which I know it is not) have also tried with loads of versions of INdI dating back 18 months, and all the same 

as I have said above it all works perfectly with Ascom, and it also works perfectly with the EQMOD Bluetooth adapter in INdI….
The only thing left that is could be is an RPI issue, as that’s the common denominator in all this…

it’s a real mind boggler…..but thanks for your ongoing help, it is appreciated…. And will try your suggestion tomorrow, I have put away for today as my head is spinning….But I will keep trying :)
2 years 8 months ago #73048

Well that is discouraging. Jasem tried the one thing I was going to do next (try to communicate with minicom directly with the mount).

You could also try an Ubuntu installation on a regular computer (laptop), and give that a try.

Do you have any more Pies lying around? I have accumulated a collection of them over the past few years, between my telescope and 3D printing hobbies, I've ended up with a few Pies.
2 years 8 months ago #73049

Time to create page: 0.658 seconds