INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Update Rainbow Astro RST-135(E) driver to allow syncing of star alignment.

• Thank you received: 12
I've checked the command works well, even without the iHubo controller. But I would recommended connecting the hand controller - when a star is aligned, there'll be a beep sound from the iHubo and you can see the number of stars aligned from the HC display. At first I thought the HC is kind of bulky, but later I've found it's handy on certain commands. Like I want to HOME the mount I just press and hold ILL.
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Stephen Wong.
2 years 4 months ago #77975

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13
Willem, I gave the mount model tool a detailed look. I was observing a single (non repeatable) crash of Ekos/KStars as well when using RST-135. Interestingly though is that a crash can be repeatably forced by either hitting "pause" during the automatic alignment routine or hitting "stop" no matter when. I tried it with simulator drivers only (no real hardware connected) and the same behaviour was observed. Can you please test this as well? It should occur by just opening the mount model tool and then hitting the stop button on the very bottom-right corner.
Ekos Debugger shows this when it happens:
Thread 1 "kstars" received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
__GI_raise (sig=sig@entry=6) at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/raise.c:50
#0  __GI_raise (sig=sig@entry=6) at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/raise.c:50
#1  0xb3a01230 in __GI_abort () at abort.c:79
#2  0x00816b3a in Ekos::MountModel::resetAlignmentProcedure (this=0x343b0c8) at ./kstars/ekos/align/mountmodel.cpp:992
#3  0xb4579380 in QMetaObject::activate(QObject*, int, int, void**) () from /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libQt5Core.so.5
#4  0xb4ded104 in QAbstractButton::clicked(bool) () from /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libQt5Widgets.so.5
#5  0xb4ded340 in ?? () from /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libQt5Widgets.so.5
Backtrace stopped: previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)

I noticed a function "abort()" getting called in KStar's mountmodel.cpp "MountModel::resetAlignmentProcedure()" as well as in "MountModel::startStopAlignmentProcedure()" when hitting "pause". Maybe abort() is a little too harsh?
@Jasem: Any ideas on that? I think there's a bug in the mount modeling tool.

2 years 4 months ago #77986

• Thank you received: 18
Christopher, yes, the same thing happens here. Just pressing the stop button in the mount model tool crashes KStars. Makes no difference if I have the RST-135E selected, or using the mount simulator.
Same happens on Ubuntu as well on Mac. Both running Kstars 3.5.7 Beta.
2 years 4 months ago #77997

Just noted another strange thing. Under the Connection tab, there are no options to configure which serial port to use. It connects well, perhaps because the required info is still in the configuration file?
Is this something that could have changed due to the update? Is there something I may have missed?

2 years 4 months ago #78021
Attachments:

This does not look like that on my system – all normal here. Steven, can you check please?
2 years 4 months ago #78033

Mine looks like this.... appears to be normal.

Willem can you try at the Options Tab, and Purge Configuration once, and restart INDI and see if the port comes back?

2 years 4 months ago #78034
Attachments:

Thank you, Stephen (I'm sorry for misspelling your name).
Can you please tell me as well if the serial number on your General Info tab get's spilled into the firmware field? This happened on Willem's screenshot and I cannot reproduce this behaviour here. I was able to get back the serial number and at my installation it behaves as it should (6 letters in firmware field and 6 letters in serial number field).
2 years 4 months ago #78035

Christopher, it's ok, no worries :)
and mine firmware/serial looks like this.

I will have to find out why the firmware version is not appearing. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Christopher
2 years 4 months ago #78037
Attachments:

This is even weirder.   Maybe I should remove the version fields completely? Seems like this does not work reliably.
Maybe firmware version has another format on RST-135E. On establishing the connection to the mount in Ekos the firmware version get's written into the info log below those fields. Can you please scroll a little and tell me what it says there? For me it's at the very bottom:

2 years 4 months ago #78039
Attachments:

A simple reboot seems to have solved the problem. Did not even have to purge the configuration. Not sure how it happened, but looks like its nothing to worry about.
2 years 4 months ago #78043

Christopher,
Yes I checked the printlog at the bottom also and I can see the correct firmware version. So may be just a field problem on the upper textbox.

2 years 4 months ago #78064
Attachments:

Hi Chris,

I fixed the issue at the serial number and made a pull request. 

And Jasem is asking for the documentation I will prepare one and upload later, okay?
Stephen

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
2 years 3 months ago #78641
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.757 seconds