INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Support for ArduHeater in INDI

• Thank you received: 9
I've used an open source, 4-channel PWM dew heater called <strong>Arduheater </strong>for a few years. His original post on this project was back in 2017 on Stargazers lounge.  Of all the opensource ones out there, this one is quite complete and well documented and even has PCB files to have them produced, which I did.  The author JBrazio, has Arduino source code , and the Windows GUI program in C#.  If anyone could add support to this to indi I would be forever grateful, and in your debt.  I could ditch windows altogether!  I have a few blank PCB's left over and I'd be happy to provide one, heck, I'd even build you a complete one.

-John

Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by John Scherer.
2 years 3 months ago #78391

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 21
Hi John,
I would be interested in all of the above.

Problem is that it‘ll be prio 3 in my hobby todo list (First finish my Ardufocus build also created by JBrazio, then I committed to help Radek in getting Astroberry more tightly integrated in Debian). So it‘ll take some time.

If you‘re already into coding, the protocol implementation is here: github.com/jbrazio/arduheater/blob/maste...uheater/protocol.cpp

A similar device driver is this one here:
github.com/indilib/indi/blob/master/driv...ary/usb_dewpoint.cpp
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Scherer, Radmilo Felix
2 years 3 months ago #78442

Thanks Grimaldi. I'm not in a huge hurry, as anything, the sooner the better but I'll take what ever I can get ;-) I've seen the protocol.cpp file but sadly I'm no software developer. I can compile code for just about any linux project out there, been doing that sort of thing for decades, just never go into actually writing my own code. The process in general does seem fairly straight forward though thanks to the example driver you linked to. Mostly just a mater of re-implementing the command structure and the command response from protocol.cpp to the usb_dewpoint.cpp file?
2 years 3 months ago #78458

I do have 4 PCB's for these if anyone is interested. I just ask to cover postage. I will say that for reasons I'm not quite sure of, I can't send mail to Australia, unless I ship it "Priority Overnight Express" which for this $5 PCB would cost about $80 USD.
2 years 3 months ago #78459

• Thank you received: 165
I wrote the driver for USB_Dewpoint which would probably serve as quite good base for this driver. I can make that blind without a device as there isn't that much to do, I'll notify you when there's something to test.
2 years 3 months ago #78540

• Thank you received: 21
Hi John, did you see my direct message to you? Thanks, Grimaldi
2 years 3 months ago #78599

• Thank you received: 165
I now have pushed initial untested driver at github.com/jpaana/indi/tree/arduheater

I was planning on flashing the firmware to an Uno or Nano as I have a bunch of those around, but couldn't find any since I moved stuff around recently :) I'll try to find one soon, but if you could compile the driver and do some testing with logging on that would help, especially since I don't have any of the sensors etc. I couldn't find what baud rate the device uses by default, so that needs to be checked. All features should be implemented so some extent, no guarantees though :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grimaldi
2 years 3 months ago #78691

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds