INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Small improvement in Automated flats capture

• Thank you received: 20
It would be nice to add another one parameter into automated flat capture routine. Now there is possibility to set target ADU and range, in which the ADU will be. For CMOS cameras (like mine ASI294MC Pro) is better to capture flats with exposures longer than 1 second. In case of sky-flats this means, that I am capturing flats with trial and error techniques. When the sky is still too bright, the exposure time is too short and I cancel the automatic sequence. Then I need to wait until the sky is dim enough to start the sequence with at least 1 second exposure.
So the feature request is to add also a range setting, in which I can set the exposure length, and if the length is (typically) shorter, the sequence is canceled, and re-executed again after some time, lets say after 1 minute.
2 years 2 months ago #79157

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I thought the minimum exposure issue is related to mechanical shutters of CCD cameras as is to prevent ghosting. Why would CMOS be affected by this with electronic shutters?
2 years 2 months ago #79158

• Thank you received: 20
There is a difference between shorter and longer exposures, I think it has something to do with amplifiers in sensor. The bias is too different for exposure under 1/100s. It seems that the sensor is working in different mode when the exposure is too short.
2 years 2 months ago #79159

Time to create page: 0.451 seconds