INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Adding automatique temperature compensation on focusers

• Thank you received: 31
Hi Doug,

Thanks. I indeed saw your previous topic. Very instructive.
Sent you a reply by PM.

Best regards !

Thx8411
1 year 10 months ago #82734

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 117
Ok, I sent a PM in reply to give you the code and offer up the config file and old GUI mockup to consider... CS Doug
1 year 10 months ago #82744

• Thank you received: 15
Hi,

I'm just about to try this interesting feature, but I notice during my "desk tests" that it moves the EAF during a capture of the camera. I read that the EAF driver has to snoop the camera driver to avoid movement during capture... is this implemented, and how can I activate it?

Thx and CS
Bernd
1 year 2 months ago #89654

• Thank you received: 117
Deleted.....misunderstood Bernd's question. Back to regular programming and thread topic......
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Doug S.
1 year 2 months ago #89656

• Thank you received: 15
What I did today was the following:
  1. I set the parameters in the EAF driver's T compensation tab to 10 steps/deg, hysteresis 0.5 deg, averaging 5 samples.
  2. I warmed the T sensor with my fingers and the EAF started to compensate. The T sensor cooled down again and the EAF compensated in reverse direction. All as expected.
  3. Then I started a 20 s preview capture in Ekos' camera tab and warmed the T sensor again.
  4. My expectation was that the EAF would not move during the 20 s exposure, but wait until the frame was finished.
  5. But the EAF moved regardless of the 20 s preview exposure that was running.
Therefore my question how I can achieve that the focuser remains still during an exposure. Or is it maybe that this only works in a proper image capture series job?
1 year 2 months ago #89664

• Thank you received: 20
Hello Berndt, I am just guessing, but have you set YourCamera/Options/Snoop devices/Focuser to EAF? Check that setting
Last edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by hades.
11 months 2 weeks ago #91777

Time to create page: 0.719 seconds