INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Operation to reduce troubles in updates.

• Thank you received: 30
I am always grateful for your help.

I've been using the INDI environment for about 6 years,
I have a request for an update.

1. When updating, please do not overwrite and update the preferences files such as drivers and KStars. (The settings for each device will be redone from the beginning, which may cause a crash depending on the driver.)
・/home/xxxxx/.indi
・/usr/share/indi
At least the files in the above directories should not be overwritten during the update.

2. Please stagger the update timing of drivers, servers, and KStars (including Ekos). (It is difficult to identify the cause when all are updated)

3. Please provide an option to revert to the previous version. (It would be even better if it was packaged like Appimage)

If the update time of the driver, server, and KStars (Ekos) is different, the cause of the trouble will be easier to understand.

If the various settings made by the user (drivers, KStars, Ekos, and parks, etc.) are retained during the update, the part of the driver update that caused the problem will become clear. (Returning to the default value may cause trouble.)

Before 1.9.3, I expected that tapirus etc. would be heading in the right direction, but in my environment, after 1.9.4, there are lots of troubles. (I am using it by reverting to the old version.)

I hope to return to a stable environment as before.
1 year 9 months ago #83411

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 11
Can't you just use git to version the directories?
1 year 3 months ago #88952

• Thank you received: 30
The user settings file will be deleted during the update.

Additionally, when new drivers are distributed, control panel items may change and may be incompatible with older configuration files.

I would like the preference files to be compatible when upgrading and not deleted when updating. . .
11 months 1 week ago #92153

Time to create page: 0.426 seconds