INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Mesu Mount 200 Driver Request

• Thank you received: 4
Hi
I have posted a question to the Sitech Yahoo group.
Back it up with a few posts and they may think there is a need for a Indy Driver if the thread is active with requests from prospective users.
Graham
5 years 1 month ago #35215

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks Fellside
I use sitech on a win 7 laptop, at least that is less painful than win 10. There are only two other reasons I have Windows, Sharpcap and PHD2. I would dearly like to replace PHD2 with EKOS.
With an INDI deiver I would only have to boot Win 7 for Sharpcap.

As it is I find that having built a Sitech 40 star sky map and use all terms good go to and tracking is the norm. EKOS woild improve my guiding life by a large margin.
Graham I just saw your post. Good idea but joining yahoo groups with no cell phone coverage is a not practical. I have tried and managed to do so (Mesu mount group) but input there after is impossible.

Chris
5 years 1 month ago #35216

Hi Chris
I think you can use PHD2 instead of the EKOS internal guider. Please try to post to the Sitech group. The more requests the better.
I miss using my Raspberry pi`s with EKOS and the reliability of Linux. I am on Win 10 and have been caught out by Win updates:(
Graham
5 years 1 month ago #35219

Ok
If you read the Yahoo group you will see that Dan Gray the Sitech developer has published files and a walk through of how he installed the driver. He has requested help/volunteers with making the files easier to install for the average user.
So it looks like its almost there. So if you have any experience of Indi drivers and getting them ready to install. There is a Github to go to.
github.com/JeffRossMT/sitech-indi-driver
regards
Graham
5 years 1 month ago #35299

• Thank you received: 19
Interesting developments.

I looked at the repo, and saw this file: github.com/JeffRossMT/sitech-indi-driver...ope_sitechReadMe.txt

Point 4 is interesting - it seems to imply you need to run an app somewhere on the network on what I assume is a windows box. Am I wrong?
5 years 1 month ago #35304

Right, I already opened an issue there. I was excited first to see a "simple" command set, then realized this depends on some Windows app, so we're back to square 1.

There is documentation for the serial low level interface, but developing a driver for this without hardware would be very difficult if not impossible.

Can anyone send me the contact information for sidereal technology to see if I can reach some arrangement with them?
5 years 1 month ago #35318

Hi Jasem,

Have you looked at the Yahoo group groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SiTechservo/info

There is a walk through on how to set the driver up but as you say it mentions

" Run SiTechExe on any machine on your local intra-net. Make sure it’s initialized.
Make sure you know the INDI port number in the SiTechExe configuration.
In SiTechExe, It’s on the misc tab in the /config/change config/ on the lower left part of the page.
You can change it if you want."

SiTechExe mentioned appears to be on a Win machine. I can confirm that the Indi pot number tab already exists on my Win version of SiTechExe. This need clarifying with Dan Gray.

Dan Gray Sitech is on
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Regards
Graham
5 years 1 month ago #35319

Thanks, I just emailed Dan about this.
5 years 1 month ago #35321

So an update: I received a response from Dan and thankfully he explained everything in details. The SciTechExe can run on Linux (and RPI3), so it's not a huge issue anymore especially since the software supports a lot of features already. So we'll put together a guide for users on how to use INDI+SciTechExe. I'll probably also revise Jeff's driver to be more inline with INDI standards.
5 years 3 weeks ago #35797

Hi Jasem,
That`s great news.
Many thanks for your help in getting this sorted.
Have you any idea how the driver will be distributed? Will it be listed on the Indy site?
Many thanks for all your work on INDI.
Regards
Graham
5 years 3 weeks ago #35861

Hi Jasem,

Did anything further happen with the Sitec/Mesu driver? There has been no change to the Git or mention of it on the Sitech Yahoo group. I have been looking at the Indi device list but it has not appeared there yet.

Many thanks

Graham
4 years 10 months ago #38870

well, I was suppose to login remotely to their system to test it out. I actually wrote the preliminary driver but it required testing. I think they were busy and I was busy at one time when we were supposed to test the driver.

Do you have SiTechExe running on RPI3? If yes, you can perhaps provide me with TeamViewer access to your RPI3 and I can remotely login to setup a development environment to test the driver.
4 years 10 months ago #38872

Time to create page: 1.099 seconds