INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI driver for Pegasus Ultimate Power hub

• Thank you received: 140
Hi,
The short answer is no, I contacted them a week or so ago, and they said they were still working on it...I am waiting for it too and was hoping for it this winter....but don’t look like it’s going to happen... :(
5 years 5 months ago #29942

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply, if not what I wss hoping it would be!
Best regards,

David
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by David Croston.
5 years 5 months ago #29943

• Thank you received: 57
I'm also new, and definitely naive, but how hard would it be to build something like this?

Surely the larger SBC community must have need to control and power multiple USB devices, not just astronomers?

Wouldn't have to be so fancy as the Pegasus, but it would be great to have powered USB and 12v power distribution in a single box.
5 years 5 months ago #29944

I currently use a Sotobeams fused 12v powepoler block to avoid cigarette socket connections and a 7 outlet usb powered hub. The Pegasus does much more including dew heatrr and focuser control. Making the bits and leads at the mount even less of a spaghetti junction. I use a Raspberry Pi with Stellarmate installed for the equipment control with Kstars and Ekos

In discussion with Pegasus this morning they confirm they are working on Indi drivers so
5 years 5 months ago #29951

Yes they told me that too....11 months ago, and still no further forward.... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Croston
5 years 5 months ago #30058

I have just received the hub and hooked it up. It works a treat but I have to admit at present it is connected to my win10 laptop to try ☹. If they are 11 months further on hopefully something will materislise soon but I am not holding my breath!

Aztecdave
5 years 5 months ago #30067

Yes I bought the hub last year, and a few months later I changed my set up to Kstars / Ekos, and then realised there was no driver for the hub, so I have to connect with windows to get it all up and running, then disconect the USB cable and connect it to my rpi3 so it works as a USB hub at least...works for now, but really want the driver... :(
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by AstroNerd.
5 years 5 months ago #30077

• Thank you received: 57
@astronerd: does the hub work for both power and USB distribution without the software? What happens if you just plug it into power and your Pi without doing anything in Windows first?
5 years 5 months ago #30804

Hi,
Yes it works for power and as a USB hub without being connected to a PC, but you have to initially connect it and set the power outputs to come on at start up, just do this once and then save the setting, then each time you power up after that, after a few seconds the power outputs will turn on.
Same with the USB hub that will always work as an external hub for the rpi as long as the power box has power...
And the sixth USB port is always on and can power a device with five volts up to three amps, I use this for powering my rpi3, all works like a charm...
But the INdI driver will be useful for all the other things like dew controllers and such like, which you need to control via a PC...
Hope that helps
BTW, it’s the best bit of kit I have ever bought... :)
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by AstroNerd.
5 years 5 months ago #30829

• Thank you received: 174
I’ll make INDIGO and INDI drivers soon. Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Flavius
5 years 5 months ago #30839

wow that would be great Peter...
Pegasus Are onto the case I think, but after speaking to them again this week, they have new products in the pipeline and are very busy with those ATM..so it’s on the back burner...
If you have a power hub then great, if not and you require me to do any testing let me know...
5 years 5 months ago #30840

All poeer to your elbow, Peter!
I too think this hub is one of the most useful bits of kit I have purchasedand look foreward to being able to use it to its full potential with Stellarmate.

I was playing with it last night and concur with Astronerds comments on the usb and power connections availability but couldn't get the dew controller outputs or the focus input to work with the lakeside driver for my lakeside focuser or using the Pegasus DFMC or Robofocus indi drivers which must be close to working with it. I didn't check the environment sensor but did connect the RPi3 through the PC input.

If I can help with testing let me know.

Regards

David
5 years 5 months ago #30841

Time to create page: 0.849 seconds