INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI driver for Pegasus Ultimate Power hub

• Thank you received: 174
William, I tried it and you're right. But it looks it is Ekos bug. The same happen e.g. with Snoop devices on CCD Simulator - current value of Text field is loaded by "Load" button, but edit field content contains still the original value. Peter
5 years 5 months ago #31433

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 140
Ok, no worries.. :)
Is there an easier way to zero the focus step count, rather than put zero in the box and set, as it then has to count all the way back down, rather than just got straight to zero, it’s a long way from 21,000 steps.... :)
I guess there is but am not finding it...
5 years 5 months ago #31436

A good question. Pegasus DMFC controller has a command for syncing the current position with a given step count, but it is missing in UPB documentation. I'll check with the vendor if it is not implemented or just omitted from description. Peter
5 years 5 months ago #31439

I am sure it can be done in windows software, as I have used it myself, ..I have the DMFC controller too..
Also how many focus speeds are there...? I see it’s set on 1 by default, what is max speed..?.
William. :)
5 years 5 months ago #31440

OK, added to version 0.7. There is "On position set" property now with "Goto to position" and "Sync to position" options, it works the same way as "On coordinates set" property with mounts.

I also found and fixed some bugs with speed settings, it should be OK now.

www.indigo-astronomy.org/download/indigo-upb-0.7-i386.deb
www.indigo-astronomy.org/download/indigo-upb-0.7-amd64.deb
www.indigo-astronomy.org/download/indigo-upb-0.7-armhf.deb
www.indigo-astronomy.org/download/indigo-upb-0.7-arm64.deb

Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd
5 years 5 months ago #31453

Yep, works great.... :)
Is the focus speed in % terms...so default it 100%... ?
Told Jasem about it not saving the profile, or loading on start up, there is a setting to load on connection, but does not work with UPB but seems to with other drivers, maybe something to do with the fact that this is editable by the use, as in re naming outputs..?
Seems to work if you Load manually, as long as you don’t press “set” or then profiles with the values on right column..
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by AstroNerd.
5 years 5 months ago #31459

Well, Peter this is really weird, but after stopping and starting Ekos and indi (not INdI server) a few times (for other reasons) the power outlet profile is now
1. Loading automatically on startup
2. Loading correct values in each column..

I have no idea why this is now working....really odd..any ideas..??
5 years 5 months ago #31464

No idea, you should ask Jasem :)

Speed is probably number of steps/second.

Peter
5 years 5 months ago #31468

The final version ( 0.8 ) of UPB driver is included in standard INDIGO package (version 2.0-76+). You can install it along with INDI, the glue code for Ekos (/usr/share/indi/indi_go_upb.xml) is provided just for UPB now, but will add more drivers later.

You can find how to setup INDIGO to APT sources list here: indigo-astronomy.org/downloads.html

Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Peter Polakovic.
5 years 4 months ago #31687

• Thank you received: 2
I'm having a really hard time to get this device working. I first tried the new INDI driver included from the nightly build, but it crashes right away and then tried the INDIGO driver. It disconnects as well in just a few seconds. The device works really well with Windows10 and no problems, but no luck with my Raspberry PI installed with Stellarmate image.

The problem seems the same described earlier in this thread and I tried to look for the PID with lsusb and it has the 6015 but I'm not sure if the ID is different or something? This is the first line of the lsusb output:

Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0403:6015 Future Technology Devices International
5 years 3 months ago #32857

Hi,
I did a lot of the testing on the new UPB driver with Jasem, and in the end it worked extremely well on my rpi with SM..also before that I had the indigo version and again worked very well....
In the early versions of both drivers there were connection issues, but both were sorted, the issue with the indigo driver was to do with unit PID numbers but was sorted, the issue with INdI I am not sure about but was sorted...
What exactly is the issue..as I am sure Jasem will help you sort...he is extremely good like that and has helped me over teamviewer no end...
5 years 3 months ago #32859

One thing to try..
Disconnect any other kit when you connect the UPB and see if that works, if it does then use the serial mapping then connect other kit... that worked for me on the early indigo driver...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mikko Itämäki
5 years 3 months ago #32861

Time to create page: 0.425 seconds