Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jul 2018
Glad to announce of release of INDI Library v1.7.4 on 2018-07-25. A few drivers were added in this release as we continue to improve & stabilize existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Astrometry in fits viewer

Astrometry in fits viewer 8 months 1 week ago #23039

Hello, I have a little suggestion to add to the wish list. I'm impressed with the Ekos alignment module, with astrometry.net, in online or offline mode. What would be great is to be able to use astrometry.net directly in the fits viewer, without using EKOS. What do you think of this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Astrometry in fits viewer 8 months 1 week ago #23049

I'm not sure understand what you're suggesting here?

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

Astrometry in fits viewer 8 months 1 week ago #23051

I sometimes go to astrometry.net to upload images from my archives. I would like to be able to identify their exact position, field, etc. I thus have old photos taken with a film camera, I did not keep any notes on the shooting. The nova.astrometry.net site is very useful for that, but sometimes it is slow or inaccessible. I thought it would be nice to be able to do the same thing via kstars and the fits viewer, with the offline mode for example. Perhaps then the fits viewer should be able to read jpg images, tiff, etc... But maybe it's a lot of work for a non-essential functionality.

Astrometry in fits viewer 8 months 1 week ago #23062

Well, if WCS is enabled, then after is captured, all the location information is embedded right there in the FITS file.
So Enable WCS, Solve one image --> all subsequent images have WCS data and are already 'solved'.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica