Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
14 Nov 2018
Glad to announce of release of INDI Library v1.7.5 on 2018-11-14. A few drivers were added in this release as we continue to improve & stabilize existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Add J2000 coordinate supoort in Ekos and INDI

Add J2000 coordinate supoort in Ekos and INDI 6 months 1 week ago #25778

From this topic I knew that both KStars and INDI use JNOW coordinate. However, many catalogs and online databases provide J2000 coordinate of an object. The only place I can use J2000 coordinate is in schedule module. For normal telescope slewing, I must enter JNOW coordinate in mount control menu. One possible way is to add an option for user to select which type of coordinates are entered. Is there any plan to implement J2000 coordinate input in mount control in Ekos?

JNOW coordinates are displayed in both INDI and Ekos, I wish there's an option to select which type of coordinate to display (J2000 or JNOW). Is it hard to implement such feature?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Main Scope: GSO RC8 (195mm f/8.2)
Focuser: MoonLite 1.5" for RC
Mount: AZ-EQ6
Guider: Moravian OAG with Moravian G1-2000M
Primary Cam: Moravian G2-3200
Filter: Johnson-Cousin BVI ; SDSS g' r' i' z' ; Strömgren b, Strömgren v, DDO-51, H-Alpha (3nm), H-Alpha(13.6nm)

Add J2000 coordinate supoort in Ekos and INDI 6 months 1 week ago #25779

Ok I just added J2000 support. It should be in the next KStars release. The J2000 stuff would ONLY be visible in the mount control panel and no where outside that.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: starrybird, mikefulb

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

Add J2000 coordinate supoort in Ekos and INDI 6 months 1 week ago #25783

Hi knro:

Thanks for adding the support in the mount control menu.

You mentioned that the J2000 stuff would ONLY be visible in the mount control panel and no where outside that, can you tell me the reason for that?

Main Scope: GSO RC8 (195mm f/8.2)
Focuser: MoonLite 1.5" for RC
Mount: AZ-EQ6
Guider: Moravian OAG with Moravian G1-2000M
Primary Cam: Moravian G2-3200
Filter: Johnson-Cousin BVI ; SDSS g' r' i' z' ; Strömgren b, Strömgren v, DDO-51, H-Alpha (3nm), H-Alpha(13.6nm)

Add J2000 coordinate supoort in Ekos and INDI 6 months 1 week ago #25785

It's not going to be reflected in the Ekos Mount tab, that would be remain JNow.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica