INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Filter cycling in Sequence Queue?

• Thank you received: 0
Would it be possible to add a function in Ekos which cycles through the filters? Let's use an RGB example. Say I have an RGB sequence w/ 8 subs per filter. Instead of imaging 8R, 8G, 8B, I would like to have a function where you take RGBRGBRGB..., so RGB is the sequence which gets executed 8 times. There's a similar functionality in SGP, which I'm coming from, and it was very helpful for planning a session that might be interrupted by clouds - you'd have a roughly equal number of RGB frames as your progress evolves.

Now, I could just do separate 1 off RGB entries in the Sequence Queue, but that would quickly become unwieldy and cumbersome, especially for long sequences

Also, I could do just a 1x RGB sequence, and have the scheduler repeat is 8 times, but the Est. Duration doesn't get reflected in the Scheduler for some reason.

Gabe
5 years 10 months ago #26017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301
I was about to suggest what you mentioned in your last paragraph: a simple sequence job, repeated in the scheduler job.

Imaging duration is probably still bugged in the Scheduler, but I'd expect that part to work with changes beginning of May. If it's still a problem, that's probably a minor issue if your jobs are configured to start asap.

One hiccup related to estimated time was hinted by @pcxz though. In the event a scheduler job finishes more than 5 minutes after the next job's startup time, that next job will abort to reschedule, but if it is the last to process, the scheduler may consider there are no jobs left to process and stop.

-Eric
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
5 years 10 months ago #26018

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll look forward to the imaging duration bug fix.

Gabe
5 years 10 months ago #26020

One additional question: I checked autofocus every 30 min for an 8x repeated RGB session, but the autofocus routine never executed. Is the every X minute applied within a sequence, or within the entire schedule? It seems to me it's w/in the sequence since my 1x RGB session is less than the 30 minutes.

Another comment is whether focuser temperature can be included to have that change as a trigger for autofocus running?

Gabe
5 years 10 months ago #26042

It's per sequence. Another thing you can try is to use In-Sequence focusing, but tell it to do this every X frames (e.g. 10) and it will perform it. You can set how many frames it waits before it starts in-sequence focusing in the options.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gabe Shaughnessy
5 years 10 months ago #26043

• Thank you received: 3
Hello All!

I´m also looking for this Function.
As I work with Maxim DL and Astroart, the normal sequence is LRGB,LRGB.....
To become this behaviour wit the actual Ekos, I do also as Gabe describes. A Sequnce LRGB with just 1 image and in the schedule I select "Repeat for X runs"
The Function of imaging we use with Ekos is at Maxim called "Group by Slot",

I´m really thinking about, how everybody is imaging a long sequence. The first third of the night only R, then G and then B ? How about the changing conditions? Seeing, transparency, clouds....
With (L)RGB Sequences we get the (almost) same count of all images and I can work with that what I´ve got. But with RRR....,GGG....,BBB.... and could not finish the Job I have an incomplete Set of images and have to wait until the next good weather comes. And where is the Object now? More close to the Horizon?

Perhaps someone can explain to me, where my fault of thinking is. (Yes, I´m new to the show, but did some Sessions with Ecos successful, with this detour as described)

Regards
Reiner
4 years 2 months ago #47758

This can be done, make one sequence using LRGB, then in scheduler select how many times you want to run it.
4 years 2 months ago #47763

• Thank you received: 40
This is what I did last night RRGGBBHaHaHaHaLp- 2x Just repeated the sequence 2x

I found that the Funnel Icon which has filter Flat Focus Position.
And when you change to the next filter, it moves your Focuser to that Flat Focus Position (FFP). At the beginning of the night I run through all my filters and focus them. It saves the position per filter to the FFP. I think the "Lock Filter" does the trick, without it I didn't see it moving the focuser to the FFP. Nice.

See my post in this Index called: Focus Per Filter
FYI... The "Calculate Offsets" checkbox is a suggestion, not currently there.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by David Tate.
4 years 2 months ago #47867
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 420
FYI the sequence can be saved as an XML file which can be edited by hand. By editing the file you can set up your sequence very easily and this saves a lot of clicking in the Ekos UI. Each Job is split out over several lines of XML but you can get rid of the new lines and simply put everything related to a single job on one line. This allows for easier copying and pasting.

HTH, Wouter
4 years 2 months ago #47881

I'd be nice to have a repeat X times in the CCD Module. Just a thought ;)
4 years 2 months ago #47923

• Thank you received: 138
Why would it be nice? What benefit do you get compared with what you curently have?
4 years 2 months ago #47930

Ok, so I create a sequence I like.... it takes some time, no problem. But oh, I'd like that sequence to keep running until it auto parks. Wouldn't it be nice to click a button to say, repeat that X times? I say it would. But the nice thing is, if you don't, then don't use the option.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by David Tate.
4 years 2 months ago #47936

Time to create page: 0.922 seconds