Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jul 2018
Glad to announce of release of INDI Library v1.7.4 on 2018-07-25. A few drivers were added in this release as we continue to improve & stabilize existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Filter cycling in Sequence Queue?

Filter cycling in Sequence Queue? 5 months 4 days ago #26017

Would it be possible to add a function in Ekos which cycles through the filters? Let's use an RGB example. Say I have an RGB sequence w/ 8 subs per filter. Instead of imaging 8R, 8G, 8B, I would like to have a function where you take RGBRGBRGB..., so RGB is the sequence which gets executed 8 times. There's a similar functionality in SGP, which I'm coming from, and it was very helpful for planning a session that might be interrupted by clouds - you'd have a roughly equal number of RGB frames as your progress evolves.

Now, I could just do separate 1 off RGB entries in the Sequence Queue, but that would quickly become unwieldy and cumbersome, especially for long sequences

Also, I could do just a 1x RGB sequence, and have the scheduler repeat is 8 times, but the Est. Duration doesn't get reflected in the Scheduler for some reason.

Gabe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Filter cycling in Sequence Queue? 5 months 4 days ago #26018

I was about to suggest what you mentioned in your last paragraph: a simple sequence job, repeated in the scheduler job.

Imaging duration is probably still bugged in the Scheduler, but I'd expect that part to work with changes beginning of May. If it's still a problem, that's probably a minor issue if your jobs are configured to start asap.

One hiccup related to estimated time was hinted by @pcxz though. In the event a scheduler job finishes more than 5 minutes after the next job's startup time, that next job will abort to reschedule, but if it is the last to process, the scheduler may consider there are no jobs left to process and stop.

-Eric
The following user(s) said Thank You: knro

HEQ5-Pro - Atik 314E - Orion ED80T - DMK21 on Orion 50mm
DIY 3D-printed Moonlite and FWheel RGB/LPR
KStars and indiserver on two Atom 1.6GHz 1GB RAM Linux, VPN remote access

Re:Filter cycling in Sequence Queue? 5 months 4 days ago #26020

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll look forward to the imaging duration bug fix.

Gabe

Re:Filter cycling in Sequence Queue? 5 months 3 days ago #26042

One additional question: I checked autofocus every 30 min for an 8x repeated RGB session, but the autofocus routine never executed. Is the every X minute applied within a sequence, or within the entire schedule? It seems to me it's w/in the sequence since my 1x RGB session is less than the 30 minutes.

Another comment is whether focuser temperature can be included to have that change as a trigger for autofocus running?

Gabe

Re:Filter cycling in Sequence Queue? 5 months 3 days ago #26043

It's per sequence. Another thing you can try is to use In-Sequence focusing, but tell it to do this every X frames (e.g. 10) and it will perform it. You can set how many frames it waits before it starts in-sequence focusing in the options.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroGabe

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica