INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Dithering with Two Cameras (DSLR/CCD)

• Thank you received: 5
Hi,

I had posted this in the general thread but I think it's more of a feature request and hence posting here.

Can anyone make any suggestions on how the control of more than two imaging cameras can be implemented in KStars?
I've been using two instances of Kstars and being limited to DSLR cameras only

I have a dual-telescope setup which I used in the past with Windows APT software (which allows dithering of two cameras by having two instances working together in a Client/Server configuration) but have started migrating to linux as I hope to have a fully automated system in future.

Is this possible for INDI+KStars+EKOS?

Best wishes,
Will.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andreas
5 years 8 months ago #27580

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

No it not currently possible in Ekos, and would probably requite a bit of changes to get it going. What the issue with using two KStars? they're not in sync?
5 years 8 months ago #27582

Yea they are not in sync.
I played around with a spreadsheet and basic formulas to see what would happen over a number of subs to see how a small delay due to dithering/settling might cascade over 10 subs.
I tried a field-test and I got confirmation of the stars streaking in one of the instances that's out of sync.

Do you have any suggestions as to how I can get myself into coding to contribute?
I'm very tenacious, it might cause more grey hairs and early baldness but Ekos has allowed my astrophotography to be more productive.
Will.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
5 years 8 months ago #27585

Sure, we have a guide here for GSoC students, but it is applicable to all: edu.kde.org/kstars/gsoc.php

Basically, get QtCreator, clone the KStars repo, and build. It takes a bit to get started, but once you're rolling, it's pretty straight forward. You can join KStars chat at riot as well: riot.im/app/#/room/#kstars:matrix.org
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wilson Muchenje
5 years 8 months ago #27586

Thanks Jasem.
5 years 8 months ago #27588

• Thank you received: 24
Would you please let me know how did you get around this?

I have two ZWO camera's which I would like to dual mount + dither.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
5 years 5 months ago #30232

• Thank you received: 11
Would an answer be perhaps to have two Stellarmate’s (raspberry pi’s), one for each scope doing camera and focuser control, but one also has an addition being the guide camera attached. Reason is that I thought I read somewhere where you could chain instances of INDI together, that was controlled by the same client. Is this correct though folks?
5 years 4 months ago #31765

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds