INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Consistance of equipment parameter setting

• Thank you received: 10
I am not sure, if I missed some places to set setting but so far I would like to ask for the following:

I feel currently it is not totally consistent where to set different settings for the equipment. E.G. when taking photos with a DSLR ISO-settings can be made in the capture module, but not gain for CCDs. Same applies for exposure times of images and videos. Image exposure times can be set in the capture module, video exposure times need to be set in the device settings.

This goes even further when using the scheduler (or multiple jobs in a queue). Is it even possible to have one job taking 10 photos with gain 200 and another with gain 0 right after it without having to change the setting manually in the device tab?

I would recommend to have the settings in multiple places (device, job, scheduler) with scheduler overruling the job and job overruling the device.
Skywatcher Newton 200/1000, Sharpstar 60ED, Canon Lenses
Skywatcherr EQ-6 R, AZ-GTI
StellarMate @ Raspberry Pi 3B+
ASI 183 MC Pro
ASI 290 MC guiding cam on APM 60 ImageMaster
Sesto Senso 2 Focuser + Astromechanics Canon Focuser

5 years 8 months ago #27777

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Scheduler doesn't specify any image-related settings. With the exception of the video exposure value (or FPS), most of the _important_ settings are in the capture module. All settings are therefore saved in the Ekos Sequence Queue file (.esq) which you then use in the scheduler. Whatever settings there are applied when capture is started.
5 years 8 months ago #27779

Sure, but the Gain setting is missing. I can not change it using jobs, with or without Scheduler.

And the fact, that the exposure for images are set in capture module, but for live video not irritated some users (including me) already here in the forum.
ASI 183 MC Pro

5 years 8 months ago #27780

Video Exposure duration can be set in the video stream window in the next release. For Gain, it can be set in "Custom Options" in capture module, and that is in fact applied with or without scheduler. I just need to update the documentation to reflect this feature.
5 years 8 months ago #27786

Hello Jasem,

clicking on "Custom Properties" in the capture module does nothing in KStars 2.9.6 on MacOS at least not for the ASI-cams, or CCD simulator.

Regards

Amin
ASI 183 MC Pro

Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Amin Sharaf.
5 years 8 months ago #27788

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds