INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos stand(networked) alone program

• Thank you received: 74
Couldn't find another request under wish list but it would be very useful to run Ekos in "networked mode" as a stand alone Linux program. So for example I could run Ekos(Indi ?) on another PC while Kstars is running on another PC.

We can run Indiserver on other PC's so in my mind (lol) it would give great flexibility even if it was a "cut down" version as per Android Ekos. P.S. I Dont wont to run Web based version.
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
5 years 6 months ago #30631

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I'm not sure if I understand this, but this is the way it is designed to run for over a decade. You can have INDI server on one or multiple servers and KStars on another to control them all.
5 years 6 months ago #30645

Sorry you misunderstand I know what you have said is how it is thats not what I am after.

Indiserver on pc1, Indiserver on pc2 , Kstars(just the Planetarium part) on pc3 AND EKOS on pc4 without having to load kstars on pc4.

I want "Ekos Live" but not using Internet/cloud.

Hope that makes sense :-)
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
5 years 6 months ago #30651

Looks like I may have found an alternative working exactly how I want - Use CCDciel using Indiserver(s) for mount and camera (as I do now) ,CCDCiel on another PC(Linux or Windows) , and a Planetarium (CDC?) on another PC (Linux or Windows).

After initial connection and job set up I should be able to see my jobs progress just connecting to CCDciel without Kstars(or in this case CDC) getting in the way. A subtle difference but I find Kstars/Ekos (maybe its QT) Windowing a pain IMHO unless I have 2 screens set up.

If it works then same as Ekos/Kstars - great!

Pity - Kstars/Ekos doesn't seem to be able to do this (unless someone knows different)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
5 years 6 months ago #30664

• Thank you received: 9
Kstars and Ekos work wonderfully together. I doubt that Ekos will ever be a standalone package. Good luck on finding another indi app that will use auto-focusing algorithms and schedule sequences and targets like Ekos will. Kstars is very powerful as well with the HIPS overlays to help with framing. If you use Kstars/Ekos for imaging, then I really dont see the annoyance of going back and forth to different windows. My honest best advice...Adapt to it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gonzothegreat
5 years 6 months ago #30677

Thanks for your opinion/advice but I am not you :-)

CCDiel does most of what Ekos does (Auto focusing,Scheduling , alignment ,targets etc but is in beta development. and needs some more polishing. It still uses Indi Servers but the front end is less "bitty" IMHO plus it does work in "stand alone" mode (as described in first part of thread) on same OS platforms(Linux.Win 32/64,Mac) as Ekos except it (CCDiel) does not do "Cloud/Internet" mode(i.e. EKOS LIVE) which I will never use anyway for my "Grab and Go".

Each to his/her own choice :-)

Any how I will see how it works out for me but will continue to test both further :-)

5 years 6 months ago #30685

Time to create page: 0.609 seconds