INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Dedicated panel for Pegasus Ultimate hub features...

• Thank you received: 140
Hi all,
Now that we have a working driver for the Pegasus Ultimate power hub, maybe we could think about a dedicated panel somewhere in Ekos for control of the dew controllers and the power outputs on and off, as well as maybe focus max and minimum distances..
Thoughts..??
William :)
5 years 4 months ago #31365

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 809
Won't those settings exist already in the INDI Control Panel?
5 years 4 months ago #31366

No, not all of them, Peter says these should be implemented into Ekos and not done in the driver...as I have already asked him.. I was working with him last night to get the UPB driver sorted as there was a couple of small issues..he is going to add a couple of things, but his thoughts were to have them in Ekos, as the end user should not be doing all the control from the driver, the drive should be as simple as possible.
I do tend to agree, as you don’t mover the focus position from the driver, you do it in Ekos focuser panel, from a nice GUI..so why not do all the features like that..
I say working with Peter, he was doing all the work, I was just testing....lol. :)
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by AstroNerd.
5 years 4 months ago #31374

He says he has just created the driver as laid out by the rules at the below link, and as we know there are more features than this on the UPB, obviously he had added the power outputs, and option to turn the USB hub on and off.
But no options for Max and Min focus position
No option for auto Temp compensation on focus

I realise the driver is new, but it’s a start, but like the windows software for this UPB, the control is in that for the end user, you don’t control it from the driver..

indilib.org/develop/developer-manual/101...ies.html#h7-focusers
5 years 4 months ago #31375

• Thank you received: 174
One correction, UPB AFAIK doesn't support temperature compensation, if it will, it will be available in the control panel.

The rest is true, but read it with understanding, that it is INDIGO driver packed for use with Ekos, not INDI driver. INDIGO is backward compatible with INDI as much as possible, in this particular case to the level of documented focuser properties definition, but it is not INDI. It has different design goals and priorities.

Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd
5 years 4 months ago #31388

Thanks for adding that Peter.... :)
5 years 4 months ago #31397

Time to create page: 0.487 seconds