INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Override settings for DSLRs outside capture module

• Thank you received: 226
I have a couple ideas to improve the focus and align modules when working with a DSLR and GPhoto CCD driver. (My experience is with Canon T3i)
My first wish would be Image Settings overrides.
For instance it would be advantageous to automatically set custom capture format when focusing and plate solving. Namely switching from RAW to JPG for much faster image transfers. Then once complete, settings return to RAW/FITS for capturing sequence.
Second, to drive a DSLR lense with the focus module my camera must have live view up on the camera, OR live video stream enabled from EKOS. So I propose a toggle to enable Live Video before autofocus routine when the user is focusing a camera lense. Note that triggering an image with live video on will interrupt the stream, but the lense driver still functions, it is necessary to cycle the live video on and off afterwards to reset the camera state back to normal.

Thank you.
5 years 4 months ago #31942

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 161

A button to activate LiveView has been introduced a few weeks ago. In the focusing tab it's placed in the CCD & Filter Wheel section to the left of the the "Exp." field (a small orange icon).

Focussing a lens and the live view implications/issues have been discussed here:

indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/3938-focuss...anon-lens.html#30003
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Alfred.
5 years 4 months ago #32022

• Thank you received: 226
Thank you. That feature must only be in the nightly build, therefore I did not see it with the current stable release.
5 years 4 months ago #32024

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds