INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Solid Ekos/Indi version

• Thank you received: 51

Replied by Patrick on topic Solid Ekos/Indi version

Something that looks to be robustified is the calibration. I have very often bad experienced with it while I don't meet the same problems with PHD2.
So when the calibration fails on Ekos I switch to PHD2.
I don't know what are the algorithms that are used in PHD2 but they look to be more robust than the ones of Ekos. Or maybe I have a serious problem of parameters in Ekos calibration.
5 years 3 months ago #32717

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 182
I have never had a calibration problem with the internal guider. Except right at the beginning when there was an issue with a ZWO driver. Once that got fixed, no more. Have not had a single calibration failure in over a year.
What mount, guide scope and guide cam are you using? I am using EQMOD with my Orion Atlas Pro, the Orion mini-guide scope or the Celestron 60/280 mm guide scope and the ZWO 120MM-S.

It may also be a setting problem. I have reduced the calibration iterations to 3 (5 is default), the calibration finishes MUCH faster and is just as robust.
5 years 3 months ago #32718

• Thank you received: 32
It is interesting I have to say; I've been using INDI since 2015 and during that time also bought Sequence Generator Pro. I use both but have been migrating more and more to SGP, even though I like the INDI approach better. The general problem the OP mentions (stuff that always worked, suddenly doesn't) I experienced way too often and would have expected that to be less frequent of a problem at the end of 2018. Bugs are always present, but specifically this type should be able to be handled better I think, with the proper checks in place and such. My strategy right now is to watch the forum closely until this type of problem isn't mentioned very often anymore and then I'll fire it up again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jose Corazon, Greg
5 years 3 months ago #32724

It worked pretty darn well last night. Still a few small kinks, but for the most part it worked great.

www.indilib.org/forum/ekos/4184-d16429-t....html?start=12#32903
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gonzothegreat
5 years 3 months ago #32915

• Thank you received: 66

Replied by Greg on topic Solid Ekos/Indi version

I agree. I decided the problem was updating. I finally had enough and decided I had to bow out of being a tester. I'm using StellarMate OS 1.3 (released quite some time ago) and Kstars 2.9.8. This combination works solidly for me including PA that many are many are having trouble with right now.

StellarMate has just been updated but I'm holding off for a while too. Weather has not permitted me to do any AP since September so I'm not about to screw up the few chances I have experimenting.
5 years 3 months ago #32948

I never update my fastest mini-PC until I have thoroughly tested any new build on a Pi3 and then I always keep a disk image saved away, just in case...

However, testing a new build is easy enough: start the evening with the new build in the Pi and if there are serious bugs, moving to the old version is as easy as unplugging a USB cable and attaching the hub to the miniPC. That way, you lose at most a couple of hours early in the night, but never the entire night.
5 years 3 months ago #32957

Time to create page: 0.815 seconds