INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos Motion Control panel - Flashing PARKED indicator

• Thank you received: 0
Hi All,
I have only recently started trying out Ekos, in particular in conjunction with a StellarMate operating as a remote Hot spot. My main setup is EQMOD / ASCOM based.

Something I really like about EQMOD is whilst the system is parked, you cannot mistakenly think it is not. The position readout flashes in bold "PARKED".
I inadvertently spent several hours looking for a problem that did not exist the other day. I appreciate there are indicators to show system is parked, but you cannot miss big capital flashing letters. Such a simple thing can save so much time worrying.
I am sure everyone has tried to move their mount when still in park. The Ekos old hats, I am sure fall for this very infrequent if at all. But as a newbie to the application, you are thinking about so many other things going on that if it is not blaring at you in the face you are likely to miss the simple problems and mistake it for something bigger.
Just a suggestion.

Regards,
Jamie
5 years 1 month ago #35390

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 226
There are a few indicators that you are in Park. For instance the status messages will warn the action you took can not be done while in park. Also the toolbar can show icons (optional?) to Park/Unpark with green and red flags. The Mount control window if you open it will display status, plus the mount panel within EKOS will tell by the Park/Unpark buttons.
5 years 1 month ago #35391

I did end up finding those. Found the mount tool bar after I figured out what happened, but its sometimes useful to have a big neon light (maybe not quite), at least something to catch your eye. An Annunciation that you don't even notice is on is not really a warning.
Guess its what you get used to; as primarily a EQMOD user, there is no mistaking the mount is parked as RA/DEC ALT/AZ lines (4 lines) flash "PARKED" at a rate of about 1PPS while the mount is parked.
Just thought it would be nice to have something similar on the motion control panel.
As mentioned, just a thought.

Kind regards,
Jamie
5 years 1 month ago #35392

That's a good idea. I'll think of a nice way to introduce this.
5 years 1 month ago #35393

Thanks for the support knro.
Regards,
Jamie
5 years 1 month ago #35442

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds