INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

(Schmidt-)Cassegrain polar alignment

• Thank you received: 161
Recently I added an LX-200 fork mount to my old LX-10 thus upgraded it to a "goto-ready" state. Controlling the system via Ekos was easy and did work reliably. I did not succeed in running the polar alignment procedures though. The regular alignment is for German equitorial mounts but I believe it should be possible to do it with an LX-200, too. What would normally prevent a SC from doing it, is the fact that the scope has to be aimed at the NCP which is impossible to do when a cam is mounted to the SC. After adding a zenith mirror though I was able to direct the scope towards the NCP.

Unfortunately the system now was unable to find the NCP as it was confused by the added zenith mirror. As expected, it did move in the "wrong" direction which made the regular polar alignment process unusable.

I then tried the legacy polar alignment and ran into the same problem that PK mentioned in another thread.

Is there anything I could do in order to make Ekos aware of the zenith mirror? If so, please give me a hint. Otherweise, I believe either a "swap N-S direction" switch or a calibration similar to the one that is being performed before guiding could solve this. Many thanks for comments and suggestions!
5 years 2 weeks ago #37265

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 53
sorry how do we delete?
AP Mach1 / CP4 APCC & PEMpro.
EXP SCI - ED152cf APO - Celestron 11" RASA - Stellarvue 80mm
Baader F2 HS NB filters, Lodestar X2 guide camera / OAG - ZWO 290mm mini
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro / ASI174M (solar) / ASI094MC
NEXDome, CLoudwatcher, AVX mount/ASIair and Stellarmate

Last edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by Ron Kramer.
5 years 2 weeks ago #37271

• Thank you received: 161
I found a "reverse N/S" switch in the Meade handbox settings. I hope this will solve my problem.
5 years 2 weeks ago #37321

Time to create page: 0.559 seconds