INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

SAVED WINDOWS POSITIONS

• Thank you received: 53
Another irritating thing is after a crash (there may be 5+ a night) so it gets really irritating to have to move and reposition the kstars, ekos and indi driver windows. (then the hand controller for the mount window) which doesn't always close in a crash and opening a new one just loads a 2nd one (the crashed one goes black inside but still takes up space on the screen). Okay that's 2 wish list items but they're all related.

In case if matters (like if someone says window positions are saved?) I have dual monitors (don't most astro imagers?) and loading Kstars places the window centered begween my two monitors. (split in 1/2). I then start Ekos (and have to move and position it again, then I click START and have to move and position the indi driver window. I then click mount and "hand controller button" and it pops up - not where I want it and yet another position placement. REALLY petty if I only did this at time of initial load but after a night of crashes ... window placements gets REALLY repetitive.
AP Mach1 / CP4 APCC & PEMpro.
EXP SCI - ED152cf APO - Celestron 11" RASA - Stellarvue 80mm
Baader F2 HS NB filters, Lodestar X2 guide camera / OAG - ZWO 290mm mini
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro / ASI174M (solar) / ASI094MC
NEXDome, CLoudwatcher, AVX mount/ASIair and Stellarmate

4 years 11 months ago #37852

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
Are you on Linux? The below will work on Linux only.
You can try additional utility like devilspie - there is a number of similar tools, typically available directly from distro repositiories. It takes some time to configure but at the end you will have everything in place, from the start. Even after completely resetting kstars config...
The problem which can make such setup difficult is Kstars/Ekos windows lack consistent WM class/name etc. - so not always it is possible to distinguish windows in the tool.

Another possiblity, also in Linux is to use a tiling window manager. I use "Subtle WM" subtle.subforge.org/ in my NanoPi and (again after quite a time spent configuring it) I have nicely split screen with each tool occypying it's own pre-defined place.
4 years 11 months ago #37857

• Thank you received: 53

Replied by Ron Kramer on topic SAVED WINDOWS POSITIONS

Windoze.
AP Mach1 / CP4 APCC & PEMpro.
EXP SCI - ED152cf APO - Celestron 11" RASA - Stellarvue 80mm
Baader F2 HS NB filters, Lodestar X2 guide camera / OAG - ZWO 290mm mini
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro / ASI174M (solar) / ASI094MC
NEXDome, CLoudwatcher, AVX mount/ASIair and Stellarmate

4 years 11 months ago #37892

Time to create page: 0.408 seconds