´╗┐

INDI Library v1.7.6 Released. (27 Feb 2019)

First release of 2019 comes with quite a few new drivers across the board along with significant performance improvements to INDI camera and live streaming performance. Many drivers received significant updates to improve performance & stability, while a few were re-written from scratch to be in line with INDI standards. Here are some of the highlights:

FITS data in laymens terms

• Thank you received: 42

FITS data in laymens terms was created by Ron Kramer

Recently looking at fits file in Pixinsight it showed cryptic scientical values. (Aren't we amateur astronomers?) My head doesn't do math, I'm right brained. (retired artist). Can it just tell me exposure was 3 minutes?

Also it said what the files debayer pattern was. (DOH I'm shooting with a mono camera "it ain't got not bayer pattern".
temperature? really it's hard enough converting C to F - I surely don't need to include raising to the power of 10 E.MC2 ;-)

3 days 13 hours ago #37859
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 196

Replied by wvreeven on topic FITS data in laymens terms

Asking the same question in several threads tsssk :silly: Like I answered in the other thread, I am not sure if this is a PixInsight display issue or not. So I suggest you ask this in the PixInsight forum instead.

Clear skies, Wouter
Modded Canon EOS 700D with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcherHEQ5-Pro

ASI1600MM-C CCD and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chr├ętien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R
The following user(s) said Thank You: dokeeffe
3 days 9 hours ago #37871

Replied by Ron Kramer on topic FITS data in laymens terms

I've not seen this in pixinsight in the last 2 years I've used it. (with several other capture programs I use).
11 hours 32 minutes ago #38000

Replied by Ron Kramer on topic FITS data in laymens terms

I've not seen this in pixinsight in the last 2 years I've used it. (with several other capture programs I use). ??? I asked elsewhere ????
11 hours 31 minutes ago #38001

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds