INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Add a live view to Ekos Camera tab

• Thank you received: 8
Yes, there is a live video, but that sometimes requires a different setting (e.g. ZWO ASI 224mc needs Luma mode) or is not available at all.
It would be nice to have a repeating image acquisition (with the current settings of the Ekos Camera tab) just to show what the camera is seeing. I would need this for manual focussing and aligning the guiding camera to the main telescope.
I currently use the "loop" of the Ekos Guiding tab for that, but I would prefer to have a live view button next to the live video in the Ekos Camera tab.

CS
Guido
4 years 11 months ago #37921

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
An alternative for a loop for focusing is to manually take images in the focus tab. The advantage of that tab is that Ekos switches to taking FITS images rather than Native if selected which means you can zoom in and inspect the acquired image at greater detail.

HTH, Wouter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Odiug
4 years 11 months ago #37923

• Thank you received: 8
Ah, thanks a lot. I have never looked at the Focuser tab, as I do not have a motor focusser (yet).
Yes, that does what I was missing. I therefore withdraw my request! :-)

CS
Guido
4 years 11 months ago #37949

• Thank you received: 420
One more piece of advice. When using a Bahtinov-mask it helps to disable star detection as the red circles interfere with the visibility of the Bahtinov-pattern.

CS, Wouter
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Tate
4 years 11 months ago #37957

Time to create page: 0.470 seconds