INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Live Stacking

• Thank you received: 22

Replied by Ray Wells on topic Live Stacking

Me too!
DSS live in Windows is an example of this, and why some some similar threads appear to have a bit of confusion. Whereas Indi's "live" is a session sharing, live stacking does a quick realtime denoise stack of a preview of stored images, reading them from a folder as they come in. It would require some reworking of the graphics preview system to use or wrap a stacker.
Siril, a Linux based stacker I've been using does have a few command line script options and could possibly be pressed into service with some work/collab with their devs. Another option would be to come up with a standalone live stacker for Linux, which might be a fun idea to approach the Siril guys with.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Ray Wells.
4 years 1 month ago #49321

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 69

Replied by Giles on topic Live Stacking

You might be interested in this Thread:

indilib.org/forum/development/5204-als-a...stacker.html?start=0

als-app.org/index.html

It's not part of Ekos, but it's a python tool to repeatedly scan a folder for new FITS files and live stack them as they come in, so you could possibly examine the INDI folder that kstars points to and view the stack with this one.

Have to say, would be very nice to have a Live Stacking Feature within Ekos too, especially one that handles the multiple filters on Mono cameras as well (and the file layout that Ekos puts its files into).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray Wells
4 years 1 month ago #49324

• Thank you received: 22

Replied by Ray Wells on topic Live Stacking

Neat! I'll check it out.
4 years 1 month ago #49331

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds