INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

After Meridian Flip -- Auto-Focus

• Thank you received: 40
I know there's a choice to do an auto-focus every X amount. I don't use it, but probably should.
However, how about doing an auto-focus after a meridian flip occurs?

I bring this up because I understand that my kind of scope is subject to mirror flop (even though I've noticed no such thing, but I'm new to the scope)and that it tends to happen after a meridian flip.
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by David Tate.
4 years 8 months ago #41258

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 370
I'm afraid there is no automated solution for this. Maybe with an external agent listening on the DBUS interface could solve it.

- Wolfgang
4 years 8 months ago #41336

Yeah, I figured (kinda hoping I missed it somewhere). But since it knows it just did a meridian flip, maybe it could check for a checkbox variable "Focus after Flip".
4 years 8 months ago #41337

Actually, Ekos does this automatically. If autofocus was used before, then after meridian flip, it performs autofocus again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Tate
4 years 8 months ago #41366

Last night I noticed it did a re-alignment after a meridian flip. So cool!!!

But the funny part was, I was doing my darks and the images were paused until the alignment was completed, which it couldn't since I had my lens cover on. I came back from walking the dog and there it was struggling to find stars. ;)

So I guess that would be a Wish List item or maybe a bug. It knows the cover is on, since it asked to make sure to put the cover on. Do the flip for sure, but do the alignment after the lights are started again.
4 years 8 months ago #41402

• Thank you received: 133
Or rather stop tracking while doing darks?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wolfgang Reissenberger
4 years 8 months ago #41422

I'd like it to keep tracking guiding, since I was doing some darks after a bunch of lights. No reason to stop guiding. I mean, I know there is no reason to guide while the lens cover is on, but that assumes I'm done for the night.

Went to walk the dog while the darks where being taken. When home, I started the lights again and went to bed. Auto Parking at 4am. I'd hate to have to re-acquire and all that.
4 years 8 months ago #41498

• Thank you received: 133
Fair point. Of course, most people using an OAG will have problems to continue guiding during dark acquisition :D
4 years 7 months ago #41520

Oh yeah, forgot about that. There's always something ;) Then maybe a choice, "Continue to guide during Darks?" Yes/No
4 years 7 months ago #41522

Time to create page: 0.450 seconds