INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI Driver for SVBONY cameras

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Pep on topic INDI Driver for SVBONY cameras

Hi Folks,

The other night I tested the SV305PRO with a USB3 powered HUB to see if it had any issues and check if not stop the camera. And I was unlucky. I was doing the same with the HUB as without it.
I was trying to track with ekos and yes it was do the first image to take references, it was moving the mount to do the calibration and then there was no way it could do the next image.
I tried to plug/unplug it, turn it on, reset the ekos and nothing at all, I wasn’t lucky either. Only when I stopped (switch off) the whole system and tried again, only then it did work once and I was left waiting to do the second image again.
I tried it with and without the USB3 powered HUB, and even with just the SV305PRO connected to the USB3 and everything else (OnStep and DSRL) to the USB2 ports. And the result was the same. I remember you I have the astroberry as an INDI-server.
Any suggestions to be able to do the guidance? Basically is the use I would want to do by camera (and some times to do some planet or Moon)
Thank you all,
Pep
3 years 1 month ago #66922
The topic has been locked.

Hi thx8411 and Knro,

I wanted to look at what was going on with the camera doing a "dmesg" and I have saw what happens every time the camera stops working and I disconnect/connect the Ekos and the camera has already stopped working.
That is:
  • if I disconnect/connect the camera and reset the ekos, the camera works a couple of images at most.
  • Then the INDI-Server and Ekos still believe it is connected but no longer responds.
  • If I reset Ekos then, on dmesg lines appear: "usbfs: process nnnn (indi_sv305_ccd) did not claim interface 0 before use".
  • And so on until I disconnect and reconnect the camera to USB3 port.
Either via USB3 HUB powered or direct to the USB3 port de la raspi4.

Look at the picture.

I hope this can give you a clue to solve the problem.
And if I can check something more (if you give me the instruction to do for check it, I'll do it)

Thank you for your time and solutions.

Pep
3 years 1 month ago #66938
Attachments:

Dear Knro and Thx8411,

During this time I tried to track via PHD2, but it continues to give the same problem of the INDI-Driver (it also uses the same): that is, it makes 1 or maximum 2 images and that's it: it no longer responds.

In another forum I read that the AstroDMX-Capture works very well with the SV305 (the pro says nothing). I have also tried it and yes, the camera never fails and has many control options of it, but of course this program only takes pictures and does not track.
Seeing that it worked I stopped the astroDMx-capture and turned on the ekos to try to take pictures or track ... and nothing worked anymore. Also, once the ekos no longer detected it, I tried to start the astroDMx-Capture again to see if it responded, and no longer responded.
Then, I had to disconnect/connect the camera and reset the RasPi so that some of the programs would detect it again. And worked, of course.

I hope it becomes clear what tests I have done, if you need any feedback or do any tests feel free to tell me and I'll do it.

Thank you and I look forward to your news,

Best,

Pep
3 years 1 month ago #67115
  • Thank you received: 15

Replied by Tom on topic INDI Driver for SVBONY cameras

Hi Cirera,

I assume you are talking about raspberry pi 4. I got everything working a few weeks ago after many trial and error.

There are 2 things that u need to do just to make it work.

1. in INDI control panel, change the setting from RAW16 to RAW8. Then try to do a capture looping in the GUIDE or FOCUS tab.

2. In PHD2 under INDI camera selection, choose MAIN for Dual CCD and check the Camera does not support the exposure time option. When you do looping in PHD2, a preview will show up, and just minimize it. That's all.

Then you are good to go.

Good luck.

Tom
3 years 1 month ago #67133

Hi Tom,

Oysters, sorry ...:oops:

I should jumped on the post where you explained it. :oops: Well that's how I'll try it. In fact today there is a favorable weather forecast and I will be able to tell you, what happened as soon as possible.

I insist, sorry for my insistence to try to give you datas for to resolve the problem. If I would have read it before, for sure it would have worked before. ;)

Thank you for this huge job you have done.:cheer:

Pep
3 years 1 month ago #67138

No problem here. Just let us know the test result. :)

Clear skies!
3 years 1 month ago #67139

Dear Tom,

I have try it and in the end I was able to configure INDI as you have told me and PHD2 as well, but there is no way, it keep doing the same (with or without powered hub)
Attached is an image of how I set the INDI for the camera in case there is something not well configurated.
I'm using a Raspi4 with astroberry 2.0.3 all upgraded.
Thanks,

Pep

PD: I see that the option to exposure less than 0.01s not is available yet. (the camera accept from 0.001s to 1800s)
3 years 1 month ago #67159
Attachments:

Hi Tom,

At the end in PHD2 it's working now ... ... is talking, because it has a lot of adjustment errors in the tracking, but the system is working.
Tracking in Ekos does not work.

And after 50 minutes later camera not connected againon phd2.

Thanks

Pep
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Pep.
3 years 1 month ago #67166
Attachments:

Hi Pep,

What do you mean by tracking in EKOS? Your mount not connected? You are now using PHD2 in EKOS, not internal guider right?

Tom
3 years 1 month ago #67171

Dear Tom,

About Ekos guiding: I mean the internal of ekos.
With the external guide that uses PHD2, it works, although in the evening it had an error (after about 50 minutes) when disconnecting the camera and I could no reconecting it to activate it (it was too late and I did not try reset everything. I guess it would have worked :( ).
Although if it were possible to use the internal guidance of the Ekos I would prefer it :kiss: .

The mount (OnStep), which is not connected, was in the afternoon when I tried to configure the settings you commented on, and the OnStep uploaded. But it works and connects well after.

I also need to calibrate mechanically the DEC axis because I have had sudden changes on DEC graphyc. I guess that's why the guide stopped every 4 minutes (approximately). In fact, the graphics were creepy.:unsure: :sick: :silly:

The settings of the changes you told me, I changed it correctly, right? I don't have to change any more, do I?:dry:
Aside from mechanically adjusting the mount, is there anything else I need to do or setup?

I use the sv305Pro camera (by USB3 powered HUB).
I will use the camera as a guide, basically. But when possible, I would also like to do in planetary and moon, but I need to be able to lower the times to 1ms, now it don’t let goes down from 10ms.

Thanks a lot,

Pep
3 years 1 month ago #67188

Hi Pep,

Basically, that's it. Unless you wish to do something more tricky than I do which is I've downgraded my VL805 EEPROM firmware for rpi4 4GB board to 0137ab. This downgrade process is for my ASI120MC which is USB2.0 to run. I assume you are still running 0138a1 EEPROM firmware which I will avoid.

If you wish to check which version of eeprom firmware you are having, issue this command " sudo rpi-eeprom-update " in terminal.

For planetary and moon imaging, I will recommend you use AstroDMx.

Cheers,
Tom
3 years 1 month ago #67193

Hi Tom,

Thanks a lot.
I don't have enaught knwolegment for to do something about it.
Then you suggest to upgrade my EEPROM? How do I proceed for do it? Of course, first I check which EEPROM version I have.

Thanks a lot again,
Pep
3 years 1 month ago #67196
Time to create page: 0.363 seconds