INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI Driver for SVBONY cameras

• Thank you received: 12
Hi

I’ve been having problems recently with the images download by ekos from my sv305. The files appear and logging doesn’t appear to indicate any problems however while the files are the right size they seem to have null (I’m sort of assuming this as the statistics say min/max as being 0) data image.

I’ve tried shutdown/power down/boot and altering the indi driver settings but with no luck. I’ve swapped the usb connections around (all but a usb memory stick was off a powered usb hub now that is as well)

Now AstroDMx seems to be able to use the camera (yes I’ve done a shutdown etc between just in case).

Finally at my wits end late last night I was trying AstroDMx and tried auto gain rather than auto exposure (which was very noisy) and everything became clear with the stars showing nicely. Switched over to ekos and suddenly that was working fine. Even after yet another power cycle.

Anyone hit something similar?

Is Astrodmx somehow changing some state in the sv305 which survives power cycles? Or has some problem been introduced in the last few days as things were working fine previously?

Regards

Nigel
1 year 11 months ago #82574
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 31
Hello Nigel,

SVBony introduced the ability to store the settings in a recent SDK :

<< SVBCAMERA_API SVB_ERROR_CODE SVBSetAutoSaveParam(int iCameraID, SVB_BOOL enable); >>

I don't use this feature. In my mind, it's the wrong way to go. The settings should be stored in the client software, not at low level, or you may experience
the issue you just discovered.

Sadly, AstroDMX seems to use it.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Best regards,

Thx8411
1 year 11 months ago #82624
Hi folks,

I'm working on the temperature control on the SV405CC, and I have a question.

The SVBony SDK controls for camera cooling are somewhat different from the INDI default controls.

SVBony provides :

- Powering the cooler ON/OFF
- Setting the cooler power (0 - 100%)
- Reading the current temperature
- Setting the target temperature

INDI provides :

- Setting the target temperature
- Setting the cooling/warming ramp
- Setting the temperature hysteresis

What should I do ?

- Try to wrap all the SVBony controls onto the INDI controls, and only them ?
- Try to mix the INDI Controls and the SVBony SDK, with extra controls ?
- Provide only the SVBony controls, as a proprietary panel, without the INDI default controls ?

Please notice that I don't have the camera yet (waiting for delivery), so, I'm note able to see how the SDK controls really act.

Best regards !

Thx9411
1 year 11 months ago #82625
  • Thank you received: 24
First implement and release the INDI control, then implement the SVBONY control. Or vice versa. Why not implement it in whichever way can be released sooner?

I too am waiting for SV405CC to ship, and SVBONY tells me it will ship at the end of this month.
Hopefully the SV405CC will arrive in your hands soon.
1 year 11 months ago #82626
  • Thank you received: 12
Hi Collin

are you saying the settings are stored in the camera and retained through power cycles?

That sounds a rather pointless and error prone thing for them to decide to do. Would have thought it would be cheaper/easier and thus more profitable to leave it to a client to set.

Is there some form of reset to defaults call that could be made when the indi driver is initialised otherwise people are just going to keep hitting what seems like random errors?

Regards

Nigel
1 year 10 months ago #82627
INDI has CoolerSP (Cooler ON / OFF) control. You can also add your own property for setting the cooler power. I presume there is "automatic" mode when the power is set automatically, and another where it is manual. You can also add another switch for that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Collin
1 year 10 months ago #82630
Hi Nigel,

I agree with you, pointless and sensitive.

<< Is there some form of reset to defaults call that could be made when the indi driver is initialised otherwise people are just going to keep hitting what seems like random errors? >>

I don't know yet. I have to explore the APIs deeper.

Best regards,

Thx8411
1 year 10 months ago #82735
Hi Jasem,

Thanks for your answer.

I think I will choose this option :

<< - Try to mix the INDI Controls and the SVBony SDK, with extra controls ? >>

Best regards !

Thx8411
The following user(s) said Thank You: R Dan Nafe
1 year 10 months ago #82736
Hi Collin

Did you receive your SV405CC?
I received mine last week.
I am testing it with SharpCap but have not done astrophotography yet.

If you don't mind, can you tell me when the SV405CC INDI driver will be released?
1 year 9 months ago #83350
I have created an indi_sv305_ccd driver for the SV405CC.

After a little while, I'll send a pull request to GitHub.
The following changes were made in addition to the SV405CC support.
  1. Improvement: OFFSET suppot on Ekos Camera module.
  2. Fixed a mutex conflict that occurred when two or more SVBONY cameras are connected.
  3. Added break to case SVB_BLACK_LEVEL of Sv305CCD::Connect.

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Collin, Albert Tamayo, R Dan Nafe
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by tkakura.
1 year 9 months ago #83473
Attachments:
  • Thank you received: 1
Don't know if this is related to this change but now, the indi_sv305_ccd crashes with or without any camera plugged-in:
Driver indi_sv305_ccd: indi_sv305_ccd: symbol lookup error: indi_sv305_ccd: undefined symbol: _ZN4INDI3CCD15addFITSKeywordsEP8fitsfilePNS_7CCDChipE

Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
Linux XXXXXXXX 5.13.0-51-generic #58~20.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jun 14 11:29:12 UTC 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

KStars
Version 3.6.0 Beta

indiserver --version
[...]
INDI Library: 1.9.7
Code 1.9.7-tgz. Protocol 1.7.
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Deneb-l. Reason: Error message did not appear when quoted
1 year 8 months ago #83926
Arguments of addFITSKeywords has been changed form INDI 1.9.7.
You have to rebuild indi-3rdparty drivers when drivers run with INDI 1.9.7.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deneb-l
1 year 8 months ago #83928
Time to create page: 1.723 seconds