INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI Driver for SVBONY cameras

• Thank you received: 15

Replied by Tom on topic INDI Driver for SVBONY cameras

Sorry to hear about your health issues. The log actually is generated from Ekos Debugger. Maybe I tested it in wrong ways.

The easiest and direct ways is set a time for teamviewer session to tackle the issue. :)

Regards,
Tom
3 years 2 months ago #65959
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Pep on topic INDI Driver for SVBONY cameras

Hi Thx8411,
First of all take care about your family and you. A big hug.

About the camera:
Thanks, I succeed to install but when I try it (on PC) to connect, told me:

"2021-01-15T10: 05: 22 Could not set:
+ SVBONY SV305
Please make sure the device is connected and working"

And the camera are connected on a USB3.
I tried to do it by INDI-Webcam driver , detect that I have a video0 and video1 (the last is the svBony camera) but I can't succeed that the INDI-Panel runs on this option.
Have any Idea?
{On raspi4 i would like to test it when I'll did run on a PC}
Thanks
Pep
3 years 2 months ago #65961
  • Thank you received: 31
Hello,

Thanks for you kind words.

When you plug your camera, please execute "dmesg" in a terminal. You should have something like that :

<<
[ 81.119293] usb 2-1: new SuperSpeed Gen 1 USB device number 3 using xhci_hcd
[ 81.139955] usb 2-1: LPM exit latency is zeroed, disabling LPM.
[ 81.140789] usb 2-1: New USB device found, idVendor=f266, idProduct=9a0a, bcdDevice= 0.00
[ 81.140790] usb 2-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[ 81.140791] usb 2-1: Product: SVBONY SV305PRO
[ 81.140792] usb 2-1: Manufacturer: SVBONY
>>

Please also check if you have this file : "/lib/udev/rules.d/90-svbonyusb.rules"
Did you reboot after the installation ?

@Tom

You could try "dmesg" aswell, just after your camera crashs. If you have something like have :

<< [ 272.149271] usb 2-1: USB disconnect, device number 3 >>

It could be a power issue. Did you try to connect your camera through a powered usb hub ?
Do you have some logs from AstroDMX ?

Best regards,

Thx8411
3 years 2 months ago #65987
  • Thank you received: 1
I don't know if this will help but I use a powered usb hub with my rpi4. Also I have to disconnect the camera before I start the rpi4, then connect it when the rpi4 is at the desktop. Other wise it will not connect to indi. Sometimes I can just unplug it and plug it back in to resolve communication issues. It may have to do with the camera powering up before the rpi4 because of the powered usb hub.

I was having the same issues with hanging but I don't know if it was a faulty camera or if I needed a powered usb hub. My first camera did die. The replacement had the same issues as the people above, but went away when I replaced the rpi4 with a new one.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
3 years 2 months ago #66064
Hi to every body,

First of all, I apologize for my delay in responding.
I was successful in checking, installing the SV305-Pro ​​on UBUNTU for PC and it works properly.
As for the raspberry pi4 it also works well, but in video it does something weird, nothing falls, but it doesn’t seem to do it well (but I don’t know too much because I say it, it’s just a feeling). In fact, I first have to put the focus and align the guide tube against the main telescope to conclude something (a week full of clouds awaits me).
True, when I stop the connection to ekos, then when I want to restart I have to disconnect and plug in the camera to detect the ekos again.
It works for me both online as client mode and in local mode.

I tell you that at the beginning of having installed the INDI-driver and resetting the PC, it did not work well but I installed the AstroDMx Capture proposed by the manufacturer, with it I was able to configure with the conditions said by the manufacturer (Taffy ) and then the Ekos already worked for me, why? i don't know but that was the sequence.

And one more thing: How can I change the definition of the XxY pixels camera? And choose whether black and white or color?
Thanks to all,

Pep
3 years 2 months ago #66122
Hello Cicera,

Thank you for these informations.

<< with it I was able to configure with the conditions said by the manufacturer (Taffy ) >>

Could you please give me these conditions, or the link ?

<< How can I change the definition of the XxY pixels camera >>

It can't be done yet. My streaming support is still very limited. I have to work on it.

Best regards,

Thx8411
3 years 2 months ago #66169
Hi thx8411,

I send you the e-mail that I received from taffy (the procedure is for windows but i put the same conditions on ubuntu):

If you try the newest version 3.2.6473 of Sharpcap?
Confirm you install the windows driver, you can find the driver in your setting.

Remove the camera dust cap and try to point the camera lens at a bright place,
Confirm choose SVBONY SV305PRO at the P-1

If still have the problem, try to unplug and plug the USB2.0 or USB3.0 interface, and reopen Sharpcap.
Any problems, please contact me.

I did it too by www.svbony.com/Support/SoftWare-Driver/ drivers and do it on ubuntu.

I hope help you... ;-)

Thanks for this heavy work.
Best,

Pep
3 years 2 months ago #66170
Hi folks,

Yesterday I was able to focus the camera using raspi4 (astroberry 2.0.3) and using the moon.
(My equipment is: OnStep (EQ5), Pentax DSRL, svbony305-pro on 200mm f3'9 newton and 60mm f 3.5 guider scope.)
I try to explain how it went.
  • the streaming video is no problem. When you try to record I didn't notice anything, but I have to do more tests (sometimes the camera didn't react after).
  • The pictures I took went well.

But sometimes it would stop or in fact say nothing and the camera would not react and then I had to: disconnect the ekos, disconnect / connect the USB3 from the camera and turn on the ekos again so that I could have control of the SVBony305pro.
This used to happen after modifying some of the values ​​of the camera (gain, saturation, contrast, gama, ...) or after making some recording.

For other hand:
  • I also found that the camera allows go from 0.001s to 1800s exposures, but the driver does not allow you to go down from 0.01s.
  • I notice too, that the driver accept to capture in TIFF or compres format, but in compres file not work or I couldn't open by astroberry.
  • I don’t know if it can take color photos and videos, the camera does but the driver I guess isn’t at this developinig point yet.
Thank you so much for the huge work you are doing in developing this driver.

I attach my first capture by the camera (in jpg) ;-p:) B) :woohoo:
Thanks a lot,

Pep
3 years 2 months ago #66229
Attachments:
Hello Cirera,

Thanks for your help.

It would be nice to have a better liveview support (ROI, binning), but I don't really know how to do that.

@Knro Do you know a driver with a "state of art" streaming implementation ? It would help.

When you don't play too much with the camera settings, the camera looks stable. But changing the parameters
many times introduce some issues.

I did some tests with AstroDMX (on Amd64) today, to see if the issues come from the INDI driver, or the camera.
I also had issues (just changing the exposure time).

Sadly, it should be related to the SVBony SDK. I hope they will provide more stable releases.

Anyway, I don't think INDI/EKOS is really adapted to planetary imaging with high frame rates.
AstroDMX certainly does the job better.

Best regards,

Thx8411
3 years 2 months ago #66241
Attachments:
I get like 160fps with my Nikon D3500, and I get really high FPS with ZWO/QHY cameras as well. They both do well in streaming (maybe not the large sensors!)
3 years 2 months ago #66242

Replied by Pep on topic INDI Driver for SVBONY cameras

Hi Thx8411 and Knro,

I have been commenting with Taffy the SVBONY company and he has conveyed to me his interest in making the camera fully work with INDI. So, I asked them if I could pass on their contact to you, so they could deal directly and collaborate together. And they obviously told me yes. So, in the way that suits you, I pass on the contact so that you can connect directly with them.

Anything, that I'll can do, if it can be without modifying my system too much (now I have stable) you tell me and I try to do what you tell me.

Thank you so much for the work you are doing.

Pep
3 years 2 months ago #66261
Hello,

Thanks for your help Pep.

Is Taffy an SVBony engineer ?
I exchanged many times with Rita, but she is more "public relations" oriented.
She just could forward my requests to the dev team.

I send you my Email address by PM. You may give it to Taffy.

Best regards,

Thx8411
3 years 2 months ago #66304
Time to create page: 0.633 seconds