INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI Driver for SVBONY cameras

• Thank you received: 24
Arguments of addFITSKeywords has been changed form INDI 1.9.7.
You have to rebuild indi-3rdparty drivers when drivers run with INDI 1.9.7.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deneb-l
1 year 8 months ago #83928
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 1
Rebuilding the3rd party made the trick.
Anyway, I had previously installed the Ubuntu package (apt install indi-sv305), so, had to make my first 3rd party install.
For those who are in the same situation:
  • Remove previous package:
    sudo apt remove indi-sv305
  • Clean previous packages:
    sudo apt autoremove
  • Download or pull the code from: github.com/indilib/indi-3rdparty
  • Install packages requested for the build:
    sudo apt-get -y install libnova-dev libcfitsio-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev zlib1g-dev libgsl-dev build-essential cmake git libjpeg-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libtiff-dev libfftw3-dev libftdi-dev libgps-dev libraw-dev libdc1394-22-dev libgphoto2-dev libboost-dev libboost-regex-dev librtlsdr-dev liblimesuite-dev libftdi1-dev libavcodec-dev libavdevice-dev
  • in my case, I had to remove and reinstall libraw19 (???)
  • From the folder whre you pulled indi-3rdparty-master, follow the README instructions
    $ cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr .
    $ make
    $ sudo make install
Now, the drivers does not crash anymore (haven't test yest with the Camera though)
Hope it helps
1 year 8 months ago #83952
Rebuilding the3rd party made the trick.
Anyway, I had previously installed the Ubuntu package (apt install indi-sv305), so, had to make my first 3rd party install.
For those who are in the same situation:
  • Remove previous package:
    sudo apt remove indi-sv305
  • Clean previous packages:
    sudo apt autoremove
  • Download or pull the code from: github.com/indilib/indi-3rdparty
  • Install packages requested for the build:
    sudo apt-get -y install libnova-dev libcfitsio-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev zlib1g-dev libgsl-dev build-essential cmake git libjpeg-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libtiff-dev libfftw3-dev libftdi-dev libgps-dev libraw-dev libdc1394-22-dev libgphoto2-dev libboost-dev libboost-regex-dev librtlsdr-dev liblimesuite-dev libftdi1-dev libavcodec-dev libavdevice-dev
  • in my case, I had to remove and reinstall libraw19 (???)
  • From the folder whre you pulled indi-3rdparty-master, follow the README instructions
    $ cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr .
    $ make
    $ sudo make install
Now, the drivers does not crash anymore (haven't test yest with the Camera though)
Hope it helps
1 year 8 months ago #83953
  • Thank you received: 5

Replied by Phil on topic INDI Driver for SVBONY cameras

Will this ever be integrated into Astroberry? I just installed astroberry-server_2.0.4.img on a fresh card, ran the updates, but I still don't see the SV905C, only the SV105/205/305 cameras.
1 year 8 months ago #84405
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,
How to put the right pixel size in V4L2 for the Svbony SV205 camera, because in V4L2 the size is 4µm x 4µm, while for the SONY IMX179 sensor the size is 1.4µmx1.4µm.
Sylvain
1 year 6 months ago #86199
You should choose driver “SVBONY SV305” if you use SV305 or later model.
1 year 6 months ago #86211
Hello Sylvain.
To set the pixel size, you have to connect your Camera and start the Indi Server first.
Once connected, go to "Image Info" Tab and set Pixel size in the right column. You may also want to set the Max Width and Height of the Camera.
One you are done, click the set button see attached ScreenShot.
Note that the values are unfortunately not kept between sessions. This may be improved in the future.
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Deneb-l. Reason: Forgot to mention tjat value are not kept.
1 year 6 months ago #86223
Attachments:
[quote="Here follows two images meant to illustrate what I have been talking about.

Messed up-

Correct?- "[/quote]

Is there still no one else who have seen this behaviour on their setup?

I tried connecting the camera to a Windows PC, and the same behaviour was still there. USB cable does not matter. Connecting it through the hub on my 533MC or directly to the PC does not matter.
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Simon Andersson.
1 year 4 months ago #87694
Hello. Good news, I had the same issue with my SVBony cameras (so you are not alone with the issue), bad news, I do not remember how I solved it. What I perfectly remember was that I never had this issue with the camera and AstroDMX (I'm using Ubuntu ) on the same setup so I knew this was not a hardware but a soft/setting matter. I will retrieve my setup this evening and try to post my driver settings in few hours.

Grrrr, several hours later, I retrieved my PC but my Camera is not here and I cannot see my settings unless I start an Indy session with the device plugged-in. Will take a while until I can post. Sorry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: R Dan Nafe
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Deneb-l.
1 year 4 months ago #87707
That's alrigt, I am ín no hurry. The mother of all clouds have placed herself over where I live anyway. I haven't seen the stars, and won't see them, for at least a week.

In the meantime, maybe I need to familiarize myself with all the settings available in the INDI drivers.

I have tried astrodmx for few minutes, this was on WIndows. I can at least say that the images from the camera looked different. Will look more into this.
1 year 4 months ago #87752
Hi Simon

Are you using astroberry ?
Since astroberry's INDI is version 1.9.7 as of July, I am thinking that the drivers and SDK for the SVBONY camera are not up to date.

Can you try to check the version of the SVBONY Camera SDK library by running the following command in terminal ?

ldconfig -p | grep libSVB
1 year 4 months ago #87952
Hi there,

Yes, I am using Astroberry.

This is the what the terminal said:
libSVBCameraSDK.so.1.6.11 (libc6,hard-float) => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libSVBCameraSDK.so.1.6.11
libSVBCameraSDK.so.1 (libc6,hard-float) => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libSVBCameraSDK.so.1
libSVBCameraSDK.so (libc6,hard-float) => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libSVBCameraSDK.so

I thought that I should also perhaps add that there is another annoying issue. Every time that ekos is started and I tries finding and connect to all of my devices. The first attempt will never succed for my camera. I always have to disconnect, press stop and then start again, and now the 305m will be found.

Related to this is that If I ever need to stop ekos, it is very unlikely that it will be able to reconnect to the camera if I start ekos once again. It takes a reboot of the RPi to solve this.
1 year 4 months ago #87953
Time to create page: 1.296 seconds