INDI Library v1.8.5 Released (19 Apr 2020)

April 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.5 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

Automatic import of Horizon files from Observer Pro

3 months 1 week ago
Lead_weight
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Topic Author
Automatic import of Horizon files from Observer Pro #49628
I use Observer Pro on the iPhone to generate horizons using the iPhone camera. It has an export feature that exports the coordinates to a text file. I've used it to generate a JPG to bring that horizon into SkySafari (detailed in my linked blog post), but would like to see if there were a way to add functionality to import it into the horizon manager within KStars. Here's the file it generates for reference.

File Attachment:

File Name: horizon.txt
File Size:3 KB

-Andrew
––––––––––
Mac Observatory - All about using the Mac for Astrophotography: www.macobservatory.com
Astrobin: www.astrobin.com/users/Lead_Weight/
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 months 1 week ago
Lead_weight
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Topic Author
Automatic import of Horizon files from Observer Pro #49731
An update to my wishlist feature here. After talking to the developer of Observer Pro, the text file it outputs lists the coordinates in sequential number. The first number in the text file is 0, then 1, 2, 3, etc. The coordinates are ordered altitude first, azimuth second. Using the example numbers below the first number would be 42° Altitude, 0° azimuth, and so on down the line.:

These are just the first 5 points in the text file linked above. There are 300 points! A lot to input manually. It would be fantastic if KStars could import the text file or allow me to upload in some way that doesn't require me manually entering 300 data points.

-Andrew
––––––––––
Mac Observatory - All about using the Mac for Astrophotography: www.macobservatory.com

3 months 1 week ago
DerPit
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Automatic import of Horizon files from Observer Pro #49766
Seconded. Any import possibility would be great that understands a well documented (text) format.

openSUSE Tumbleweed KStars git INDI git
GPDX+EQMOD, CEM60EC, ASI1600+EFW+EAF+ASI290 mini

3 months 6 days ago
fenriques
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder
More
Automatic import of Horizon files from Observer Pro #49783
well, it's not an automatic import at all but if you want to give it a try it should work:
- reduce the number of points in your horizon mask to max 255 points (eg only even degrees ).
- 'Close' the polygon: add 0 values for the base of the polygon (see attached file after row 180)
- save the file as .csv
- close kstars
- use a sql lite editor (like 'DB Browser for SQL Lite') and open ./local/share/kstars/userdb.sqlite (do a backup first).
- Then in 'DB Browser for SQL lite' File->Import ->Table from csv file to import all the data in a table. Choose a table name like 'my_horizon'
- in the table 'horizons' add a record with these values: 1,my_horizon, My Horizon, 1
- reopen Kstars and select the horizon in Settings.

The area around the N Pole looks weird but I can be fixed.
Ferrante
Attachments:

3 months 6 days ago
Lead_weight
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Topic Author
Automatic import of Horizon files from Observer Pro #49784
Thanks for taking a look at it. Nice to know it can be done at least manually. I’m personally not comfortable editing the SQL database, so don’t think I’ll try it. But the horizon looks good other than what you mentioned at the North Pole, it doesn’t look like it closes the last polygon.

-Andrew
––––––––––

Time to create page: 0.318 seconds