INDI Library v1.8.5 Released (19 Apr 2020)

April 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.5 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

Home & Park position

4 months 3 weeks ago
Gonzothegreat
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Home & Park position #49674
It would be a nice feature to have a Home position (ie: weight down, scope pointing at Polaris) alongside the Park position feature.
reason: Let's say I want to do any maintenance/ check something out, etc... I'd like to hit the Home position button to send the mount/scope in the weight down situation.
It could also help in the polar alignment routine, not having to send the scope all the way back to the park position, which is in my case a long way...

Kstars Mac osx
Odroid C1 running indiserver (kept up-to-date with apt-get update/upgrade)
HEQ5 pro / QHY5L-II-M (OAG) / Atik 314L+ / Gerd Neumann drawer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 months 2 weeks ago
kcobby
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Home & Park position #51142
An ability to add a variety of user defined positions would be very handy; Park, Home, Flats Screen, etc...

Skywatcher 190MN - EQ6 Pro (with Belt Mod) - ASI1600MM-Cooled - ASI EFW7 - ASI120MM - WO f4 Guide Scope - Rigel nStep - KStars/Ekos - KDE - PixInsight
The following user(s) said Thank You Gonzothegreat, DerPit

3 months 2 weeks ago 3 months 2 weeks ago by AstroNerd.
AstroNerd
More
Home & Park position #51185

Gonzothegreat wrote: It would be a nice feature to have a Home position (ie: weight down, scope pointing at Polaris) alongside the Park position feature.
reason: Let's say I want to do any maintenance/ check something out, etc... I'd like to hit the Home position button to send the mount/scope in the weight down situation.
It could also help in the polar alignment routine, not having to send the scope all the way back to the park position, which is in my case a long way...

I agree about this idea, and then i bought an EQ8 which has an autohome setting that put is it in the position your mention, which is separate to the park position, so I wanted no more.. :)
not sure how you would implement this without the built in home sensors on the DEC and RA axis that the EQ8 has... I think it would require hardwear modification on other mount TBH

Stellarmate OS on Raspberry pi4b
Skywatcher EQ8 pro, on steel pier
Takahashi FSQ85 & Meade 8” SCT (de-forked)
Starlight Xpress SXVR H18, SXVR M25c, Lodestar x2 Guide Camera
Pegasus Ultimate Hub V2 for all USB & Power
Pegasus focus motors on both scopes

Time to create page: 0.242 seconds