INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

I want INDI Web Manager to add a system time setting function.

• Thank you received: 30
Thank you for your always wonderful work.

Since SBC does not have RTC, it seems that those who build the environment with distributions such as StellarMateOS and Astroberry have troubles because the system time, GPS time, driver time etc are not aligned.
(Confirmed in my blog.)

I feel that if this function is added to INDI Web Manager to get the browser time and set the SBC system clock, this problem can be avoided.

Please consider it as a useful feature for many SBC users.

(I thought that if you could run a script that can set the system time from the browser provided by Max on TinyAstro before, it could be avoided, but unfortunately it did not work.
I myself wrote a script with PHP etc., but unfortunately it does not work. )

If the system clock is too bad, information will not be transmitted from GPS to NTP.

If the system clock can be set in advance with the above functions, GPS and NTP will also work properly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
4 years 3 weeks ago #50514

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 31
4 years 3 weeks ago #50524

• Thank you received: 117
Hi Marc, Can you talk a bit to the install of your RTC? I purchased a RasClock, but my change to /boot/config.txt with the dtoverlay=i2c-rtc,pcf2127 line, followed by a change to /lib/udev/hwclock-set for commenting out the 3 lines of code + systz refs didn't take. I was hesitant to remove the fake clock until the new RTC was working.... The end result was that I got a message that said the Pi couldn't talk with the newly installed RTC by any known method. Did you struggle to get your RTC going, and can you give any hints about what to watch out for during the install that might trip up folks? Thanks. (it can be in a different post if need be to avoid hijacking this thread...)
Last edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by Doug S.
4 years 2 weeks ago #50539

• Thank you received: 31
Hi, there isn't much to say ... I don't use this on my kstars/INDI setup, as I simply modified the 2 /etc/chrony.conf (on the Pi and on my laptop), so the Pi can take the time from my laptop.

I installed it on an octoprint (3D printer) server under Debian.
The drift is roughly 1sec/week.

It worked straight out of the box, following this 2 part tutorial ( after installing the i2c suite that is not part of the octoprint distro ) :

Are you sure your clock works ? ( i2cdetect -y 1 should show you device )

- Marc
4 years 2 weeks ago #50553

• Thank you received: 117
Thanks. Pretty much the exact same process, except that the module is different of course. My i2cdetect command gives an odd result (instead of just the 68 in the right place, it has many more values in other fields). I may have incorrectly added the module; I'll recheck that. Anyway, thanks for responding. For others, in case it isn't obvious, one thing to note is that once you add anything extra to the Pi, further additions will likely conflict either for room in the case, or for GPIO pins. In my case, a previously added cooling fan affects both GPIO pins and needed space.
Last edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by Doug S.
4 years 2 weeks ago #50555

• Thank you received: 30
This is in addition to INDI Web Manager.

tstudioastronomy.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-248.html

Please check with automatic translation.

There is no need to connect an RTC.

The specifications of the mount driver refer to the system clock if the time is not obtained by GPS. .

If this function is added to INDI Web Manager, you can get the system time without DIY.
4 years 2 weeks ago #50658

Time to create page: 0.343 seconds