INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AUX item at startup and shutdown to mount USB memory stick

• Thank you received: 17
I am using an RPi4 with a USB 3.0 powered hub to connect to all the equipment and this works fine. I would like to add a USB 3.0 Memory stick to the hub, so that all the image files are stored there and I can easily transfer them to other systems I use to process the data. Unfortunately, I am having difficulty (perhaps with timing) of using the memory stick in the hub in a mode where it is mounted by the system at startup (modify the fstab file). If it does not find the memory stick the system locks up. It would be Nice if in starting Kstars/EKOS (after the system has booted) there either would be an Aux item in the profile for mounting the memory stick or an Aux item for running a few operator defined commands (again to mount and associate the memory stick UUID to a /mnt/"drivename"). Also, when Kstars/EKOS shuts down it would then unmount the memory stick.

This seems like a 'simple' add, but I realize the developers time is precious. I would be willing to try to do this if I had a starting point. Can someone point me to an example AUX item process that I could use as an example to develop such an Aux item?

thanks,
Ron
3 years 11 months ago #53765

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 17
It looks like the current system version I am running already recognizes the USB memory stick and mounts it at /media/astroberry/UUID(of the sda1 device). to access it from the home directory I ran:
"ln -s /media/astroberry/UUID /home/astroberry/astrodisk" to create a symlink to that location.
and now I can write to the directory astrodisk in the "astroberry" directory to access the memory stick.

So the AUX item would only need to run this one line command. Or I could put it in a start up script.

Ron
3 years 11 months ago #53778

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.326 seconds