INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

SQM readout on the Weather/Dome tab of EKOS

• Thank you received: 139
Would like to see the SQM readout on the Dome/Weather tab. There's plenty of room, and this is an ideal place for it so that you don't have to open the INDI control panel to see it.

Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfred, Paul Muller
3 years 9 months ago #56880

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 370
If you have a weather device running, all weather parameters will be displayed on the right hand side of the Observatory tab. If your weather driver of choice reports SQM, it will be automatically displayed.

What device are you using?

Cheers
Wolfgang
3 years 9 months ago #56948

• Thank you received: 139
I use an MBox, which sends humidity, barometric pressure and temperature to my mount for accurate pointing. So I can't choose both there. I have SQM set in "AUX". I also have a Pegasus UPBv2, which also shows temperature and humidity.

3 years 9 months ago #56951
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 23
Great idea! I love my Unihedron and would love to integrate the data into my Dome/Weather tab too. I've been looking at some of the dashboard tool that are out there as well, wondering if I can create custom dashboards for the same reason - that and as mentioned in another feature request, webcams and other "dashboard" elements into an "eagles view" of the observatory - the status panel is great but I keep flocking between it and the Dome panel to keep an eye on trends during marginal nights when things like SQM and cloud data help me get a sense of what the cloud cover is really like (until I get my AAG!).

One last thing, I have two RPi's running two mounts at my site - has anyone figured out how to share a Unihedron between two mounts at the same time? From what I can see, INDI opens a TCP port on teh SQM and then won't release it until the session is done, but that stops everything else from talking to it.

Ideally I would be able to log and store my SQM data to share with teh dark skies teams who are tracking this stuff and hopefully creating awanress that maybe we can turn down teh stupid number of floodlights near our cities and get our night back!
3 years 9 months ago #56955

@wolfgang I also have an SQM and I don’t see the data for it recorded in the weather/Dome tab but the data is visible in the control panel and is being added to the FITS tags.

Is there a switch we need to flick to add it to the Dome tab?
3 years 8 months ago #57009

• Thank you received: 370
For Lead_weight the problem is, that EKOS can have only one weather device and ignores that under AUX.

Paul, do you have your Unihedron added as weather device?

Wolfgang
3 years 8 months ago #57102

Thanks Wolfgang that explains it - I am using both the old MeteoStation AND a Unihedron.

I didn't see your new WeatherRadio solution that includes its own SQM until after I responded.

Which leads me to conclude two things;
1). The "ghosts" of the old Induino project are haunting us and leading people like me to search and find old/deprecated solutions (for example I am still trying to find a working relay and sensor management solution) that we can all help support
2). The Tabs might benefit from being able to source data elements from multiple sources so we can create dashboards customised to how we consume data on our own situations.

If you haven't folks, check out WeatherRadio as a great upgrade to Meteostation!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wolfgang Reissenberger
3 years 8 months ago #57115

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds