INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Desperately needed feature: better guide star loss recovery.

• Thank you received: 31
Thanks, Wolfgang. That makes sense (assuming the "focus-after" timer does not get reset to 0 when the scheduler restarts the job).
2 years 10 months ago #72402

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 370
No, the scheduler doesn't reset the counter, this is a focuser attribute. And btw, there is also an option to re-align before each job start. This is helpful for those situations where you have a job with the repeat n times or repeat until options set. In this case, for each job repetition, an alignment is triggered first.
2 years 10 months ago #72419

• Thank you received: 31
Thanks. That is very "Ekos" - a parameter housed in the Focus module, set in the Capture module, and has a sort-of equivalent in the Scheduler module :)

I did set Align in the 'Steps' section, as losing guiding would result in the target wandering a bit. In the end last night guiding never failed completely - I woke up at 3:00 and PHD2 was hanging on to one last star, trying its best to maintain some semblance of guiding. It looked like clouds from then on, rather than just some passing, so I shut down.
2 years 10 months ago #72439

• Thank you received: 370
We all in IT business love the explanation of "this has historical reasons" :-) We already have ideas in mind for a better orchestration, but refactoring is not that easy. But good point though ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
2 years 9 months ago #72552

Time to create page: 0.497 seconds