INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Main GUI update for Kstars/Ekos

• Thank you received: 5
I’m sure this isn’t the first time this has been asked for… But I struggle with the multiple windows that are open when imaging. Kstars, Ekos, fits viewer...

I’m not sure what the absolute best approach would be… But possibly a tab view of each application? Like tabs in a browser. Or having multiple apps embedded in a tiled type view? Others probably use multiple monitors, but I would like to use just my laptop.

Thanks
Kevin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig, Paul Muller
3 years 6 months ago #60202

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 139
I like this idea. I'd rather have the entire application combined into a single interface with tabs. On multiple monitors it can be nice separated, but honestly once I'm imaging I'm only in EKOS. I think if all the main tabs were open on launch, or at least KStars & EKOS overview. This would help solve in my mind the suggestion below that this application is actually two equally important applications, and EKOS is hidden inside of it with a tiny button. Additionally with tabs, I could also see adding the INDI control panel as one of the tabs to control parameters of the equipment not visible on the other tabs.

Speaking of interface...this is a small suggestion for the current non-tabbed system, but think it would help new users. I would potentially make the EKOS button larger or wider on the main toolbar. That tiny button mixed in with the rest of the buttons hides the importance of what's under it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfred, Oliver, Craig, Ricardo Serpell, Paul Muller
3 years 6 months ago #60206

Just a quick mockup of what this might look like on launch, and on connecting to devices.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gonzothegreat, Oliver, Wouter van Reeven, Jose Corazon, David Allmon
3 years 6 months ago #60207
Attachments:

This might also solve the issue of the dialogs that always pop up behind the applications since it's just one window.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Muller
3 years 6 months ago #60209

• Thank you received: 420
3 years 6 months ago #60211

• Thank you received: 140
This is already available but only on a Linux machine, or on rpi, , you can have them all in separate windows on there, so should not be too hard to implement...on a Mac, or windows machine for that matter... :)
3 years 6 months ago #60214

• Thank you received: 2
Looks like it's already present in macOS as well, nice!
3 years 6 months ago #60433
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 223
Which version are you using on a Mac, I have 3.4.3 and this is not available.
3 years 6 months ago #60442

• Thank you received: 2
Yeah, it's in that version with me at least. Take a look at the demo, it's easy to miss.

cheers, J.
3 years 6 months ago #60447

Wow, very cool. How do you get the large icons? I don't have those on startup either.

I tried just as you show in the video to full screen the window, but my EKOS still opens independently instead of a tab. I wonder if there is some Mac OS setting, or some other option that enforces this tabbed view.
3 years 6 months ago #60448

• Thank you received: 223

thanks for the video, I'm using the same version and that does not work on mine.
3 years 6 months ago #60471

• Thank you received: 133

Doesn't work in my Linux version, either. Neither with 'independent window' selected for EKOS, nor without....
3 years 6 months ago #60472

Time to create page: 0.620 seconds