INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Main GUI update for Kstars/Ekos

• Thank you received: 51
This Mac version is exactly what I had in mind.
3 years 5 months ago #61183

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4

Because I have two screens I prefer the concept of multiple windows.
There is only one annoyance: EKOS is minimized together with KStars' skymap window. In don't like this behaviour. EKOS should stay open if I try to minimize the skymap window.

Just my 0,02 €.
Powered by

GNU / Linux
Git
KDE neon
KStars | EKOS | INDI

and some cheap hardware
3 years 4 months ago #62541

You can configure Ekos to be an independent Window and it won't behave that way. Settings --> Configure KStars --> Ekos
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Muller
3 years 4 months ago #62542

• Thank you received: 4
Perfect, thank you Jasem!
Powered by

GNU / Linux
Git
KDE neon
KStars | EKOS | INDI

and some cheap hardware
3 years 4 months ago #62545

• Thank you received: 27
I agree that too many windows is not a good thing. I think a good starting point would be to have fits viewer as part of capture tab, same way as with focusing and plate solving.
3 years 4 months ago #62930

• Thank you received: 6

I'm running Kstars 3,5.1 with Catalina 10.15.7 and cannot replicate this window behaviour. "Independent Window" for Ekos/Indi viewers ON or OFF seemed to make no difference. In full screen mode Kstars filles the screen as expected. If Ekos is opened I get a floating window and once Indi is started it's in front of the Ekos window. Clicking the Ekos window doesn't cause it to move to front. I have to hide Indi (from KS tool bar) to see Ekos again,

??? (baffled...)
3 years 2 months ago #66110

• Thank you received: 10

I just upgraded to 3.5.1 and this no longer works as it did in 3.4.3. Somewhere along the line, it was taken out.
3 years 2 months ago #66140

• Thank you received: 23
Quick vote for why NOT to make the FITS viewer part of the Ekos/etc subsystem is that it introduces yet another potential spot for a memory leak, segmentation fault, etc in one part to take out the rest of a night's imaging session.

But agree with the general principal that there are a lot of hard to manage windows that float around and anything that I could do to "lock" them into a specific set of places would be helpful.
3 years 2 months ago #66499

While troubleshooting yesterday I went back to 3.5.0 and DID see the integrated tabbed display you reported in 3.4.3. I guess something got tweaked slightly the wrong way... (not being a programmer, I couldn't even guess).
3 years 2 months ago #66546

• Thank you received: 69
Sorry if this is somewhat off-topic.

What I think would be a nice feature would be that once the scheduler is kicked off there would be an option to automatically focus the displayed Ekos tab that is currently active, i.e. if the scheduler starts a autofocus routine then Ekos automatically moves to the focus tab, if it starts an align routine then it moves to the align tab etc...
I know there is the summary window where we can see guiding / focusing & last capture + capture status, but for me it doesn't always display the information correctly or in a easy to view way (sometimes the last capture doesn't appear in the main window, it is difficult to follow the guiding as it's not always scaled correctly, and a few other niggles). It might just be that the summary UI window could be better.
3 years 2 months ago #66553

• Thank you received: 223
The tabbed feature does not work on 3.5.2 on OSx, it is a feature like other users I guess would like to see.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Swinnard
2 years 11 months ago #70152

I too am waiting to have the tabbed view feature working on 3.5.2. I have kept using 3.5.0 as it was the last update that allowed working with the tabbed view (at least in MacOS).

I tried working with both 3.5.1 and 3.5.2 and found I kept getting random crashes, sometimes in the middle of observing sessions. Two days ago I updated my Astroberry, getting 3.5.2 in the process and last night I decided to use 3.5.2 on the Mac as well. (I really like the new view for Polar Alignment!) To my surprise, NO crashes all night. Maybe the secret was to keep the Pi updated too...?

But still no tabbed view, but I "made do".

Now to solve the problem of my first few exposure attempts failing and the exposure time not update immediately with my Fuji X-T3... (overall last night's session was the least frustrating session I've had so far since starting this journey last November)
2 years 11 months ago #70154

Time to create page: 0.700 seconds