INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Plate solve access and interface

• Thank you received: 17
I would like an option just to plate solve an image and do nothing. Right now you have to "load and slew," but sometimes I just want to know where this previous taken image is in the sky but not slew the scope to that location. So I would like to "load, solve and do nothing option." There may be an option to do this already by disabling slewing on the mount but I am not sure.

I would also like to interface other programs thru the Indi Server, so I can run these programs on a laptop remotely but access the equipment thru the server running on the Rpi at the scope. Specifically the program I would like to interface to is ZWO's ASIStudio, which has good interface to run planetary imaging using video capture mode. I know this utility exists in EKOS, but I don't think it has access to all the capability of the ZWO camera's (ROI, etc). I know people are working on enhancing the planetary imaging capability of EKOS and there maybe other ways to access the equipment remotely with Indi, but I am not aware of it.

thanks,
Ron
3 years 3 months ago #64753

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4

I thought that you must check nothing.

Powered by

GNU / Linux
Git
KDE neon
KStars | EKOS | INDI

and some cheap hardware
3 years 3 months ago #64756
Attachments:

Danke, but when I do that it changes back to "load and slew." the do nothing only seems to work on currently collected images, not one you load from a file.

Ron
3 years 3 months ago #64757

• Thank you received: 4
That is ..hm.. a feature or a bug. The selection does not stick. It can be changed back to nothing while the solver is running, but that is not what we want. You have to be fast because the solver too is fast ;-)
Powered by

GNU / Linux
Git
KDE neon
KStars | EKOS | INDI

and some cheap hardware
3 years 3 months ago #64760

• Thank you received: 133
That would actually be a feature request for the FITS viewer, a button to trigger a (re) calculation of the WCS fields....
3 years 3 months ago #64775

That would be fine, if there was an option in the Fits viewer to load a file and solve it. I find that trying to change settings, like changing the button to "do Nothing" during a solve is usually the cause of any crashes I have had. It would be better to just be able to select load, solve and do nothing (report the results as usual).
3 years 3 months ago #64778

• Thank you received: 809
Yes I am hoping that we can add this feature to FITS Viewer by the next release. Really I want it to be able to plate solve without even starting Ekos. I had partially written the code that would do this, but with all the other changes in the last version, that would have been too much I think. So I postponed it.
3 years 3 months ago #64791

Thanks, no worries. You can run "solve-field" from a window independent of EKOS, I have just been too lazy to go thru all the options and figure out what a command line should look like. There was a test configuration for the Stellar solver that I have on one SD card (have to figure out which one, as I am now booting from an SSD).

So there are other solutions at this time.
thanks,

Ron
3 years 3 months ago #64807

• Thank you received: 133
You could just use StellarSolverTester to load the file and solve it :D
It's part of the stellarsolver git code, but I don't know if it is built by default. I do it for my packages...
3 years 3 months ago #64809

• Thank you received: 809
Yep, absolutely! It is not built by default, but is easy enough to do.
3 years 3 months ago #64810

Time to create page: 0.641 seconds