INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Return to home position reachable from any tab that handle the mount.

• Thank you received: 51
I experiment this annoying situation which consist of being obliged to open the device manager to ask the mount to go to home. I know that all mounts doesn't have a home position. But would it be possible to add it if the "Home" option is available for the mount ?
For example in the polar align assistant when the process is finished it would be nice to have a button to click to  ask the mount to go back home without having to open the device manager to do it.
Maybe the park button might also be present on same polar align panel.
3 years 3 days ago #69166

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 16
Not sure if this is helpful but you can use the Toolbar Settings in KStars to add Park and Unpark buttons to the main toolbar. I didn't see Home as an option though. They can then be clicked from any Ekos tab.

Having said that, although I like the new Polar alignment tool it would be great if you could select an option to automatically return it to the starting position once you click stop or done. Whether that is parked or somewhere else.
Last edit: 3 years 3 days ago by Tunafish.
3 years 3 days ago #69184
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 226
There are many places you can command the mount to park.
INDI Control Panel
EKOS Mount Tab
KStars Tool Bar
Mount Control Window
Right Click on Star Map
KStars Custom Keyboard Shortcut *My favorite*
3 years 3 days ago #69185

Returning to the starting pos is a better idea than going back to home or park. As my starting pos is "home" my problem might be solved.
3 years 3 days ago #69186

• Thank you received: 226
Set a custom Park position if the standard Home position is not desired.

3 years 3 days ago #69187

Unfortunately it seems that the iOptron Legacy driver seems not to take in account the park position. If I store a park position in Ekos, the mount always go to a horizontal park position instead of the one that was stored.
The only position that is respected is the home position.
3 years 3 days ago #69190

• Thank you received: 27
The "home" or "zero" position of a mount is not always the parking position. Many scopes are parked horizontally (or in other positions) to save height and fit when covered. The home or zero position is usually facing north, weights down, so ideal for a starting poinrt and polar align. So a separate goto home position easy reachable button would be very welcome, It really is annoying always having to open the device manager for this.

@patdut; think the only way to set a parkposistion for iOptron is either from the handcontroller or via the windows interface. (Not sure why it does not seem to work from Indi.)

Paul
The following user(s) said Thank You: Patrick
3 years 3 days ago #69206

Time to create page: 0.387 seconds