The TMC2100 sounds very interesting. Are they really more silent? Because my steppers with the DRV8825 sometimes are so loud that I hope it does not disturb the neighbors.
Ok I can confirm that in this situation tracking doesn't start. I never experienced this because I almost always make a slew before the tracking.
In my logfile I parked and unparked the mount and then tracking works.
I don't know much about the eqmod-protocoll but I think that the mount says
[COMM] read_eqmod: \"=101\", 5 bytes read
[COMM] read_eqmod: \"=301\", 5 bytes read
You should make a debug log of the indi-eqmod-module (
). I can then compare it to my logs. Then we should know whether the bug is in indi or your astroeq.
I use the DRV8825 stepper drivers and had sometimes problems with the adjustment of the motor current but if you mount slews normal this should be okay.
I build my AstroEQ a year ago and can say after a bugfix (
in the indi-eqmod-module it works very well. I build it on an arduino mega 2560 and the first connection fails every time but it automatically connects again and everything works. Currently I try to get my guiding more stable which can be very tricky. I didn't have any problems with tracking: I right-click on a position in kstars, select EQMod->track and it works.
Also I can recommend the custom pulleys for the EQ5 in the AstroEQ project.
Currently I use the internal guider. This sounds like my problem except that the internal guider doesnt reaquires the star although its still exactly in the star box. Maybe I have to use PHD2 as a workaround but I would prefer using the internal guiding.
Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk
My guiding sometimes fails because of some "bumps" in the mount or small clouds.
I dont like the behavior that this aborts the ccd sequence. I think it would be a better guiding procedure to automaticly try to restart the guiding a few times. For myself I have just to press the Guide-Button and the guiding works again because the star is with good polar alignment at the same position. But I lost the current exposure and have to manually restart the ccd sequence.
Somehow the parking position changed to 0,0. Resetting to default fixed the problem. Thanks!
Since three or four months my mount don't stop slewing if I try to park it. At the first time it destroyed a cable because it slews beyond the scope limits. Currently I let the scope manually slew to the parking position and then turn it of. I use a BananaPi as server and build everything from the sources (17.7.2017). I append a log file from the eqmod-driver.
Yes I know that it works with fits, but i want to save the photos as cr2 and not fits. Currently i have to change the settings everytime to download the picuteres for astromerty as fits and the real results as cr2. But in the preview the client converts the cr2 also to a fits. I think that should be possible also for the astrometry solver.
Hi I found a bug in the ekos software. Kstars crashes if i try to start a plate solver with raw as the transfermethod.
The console says:
QImage::scaled: Image is a null image Speicherzugriffsfehler