Thank you. I can buy it!!
I want to use USB Focus V3 on my setup but before to buy it I want be sure it works with KSTARS/EKOS.
USB Focus V3 selled by telescop Service has an INDI Driver ? ??
No, I think that nobody has succeed using i-Nova camera with INDI and KSTARS. I have been active on this forum (see an old topic on the same subject) but without success. At a certain period it was quite OK but after every thing goes wrong.
I don't hope to have i-Nova camera working with KSTARS. I Think that the INDI's team is not interested in i-Nova Camera.
i_Nova camera have also software problem working with windows 10.
The result is that I use i-Nova caméra only for guiding with PHD2 under Windows!!
I update Kstars and try it again with my i Nova NBc-M camera using the device manager (I am using Ubuntu Mate). :
- no problem with the connection,
- but in "infos image" tag most of the values are not correct : max width = 0 instead of 1280, max height = 0 instead of 1024 and bits by pixel = 16 instead of 10
- it is impossible to change this values.
I open this topic because the topic CCDs&DLSRs/inova-ccd has been closed. I think the reason was that I-Nova camera is OK with Linux Mint 18.2
The problem is that the I-Nova camera is KO with Ubuntu 16.4
Yesterday I update Kstars and try the camera with this last version : The result is that I cannot upload the image.
I add in attachment my test procedure an the log file which show warning when I try to capture an image.
I update Kstars, INDI and indi-inovaplx driver and test with my NBc-M inova camera and had a problem :
- I can connect the camera,
- I can start a capture and have the message "Exposure done, downloading image,
- but this message I repeated in loop but the end of downloading never arrive (see attachment).
To be sure to have a perfect configuration, I re-install every thing (Ubuntu Mate 16.04, Kstars, INDI and indi-inovaplx driver) and obtain the same result.
Today i try one time more time i.nova driver. Changing exposure time, gain and black level has no effect. The captured image remain the same (see attachment).
Yes the i.Nova driver is included into INDI but it is not usable :
- Setting the time exposure command has no effect : An image is captured, but the time exposure do not change,
- the gain command has no effect,
- the black level command has no effect,
- the image is not correct (divided in two parts).
I update very often Kstars and INDI server. Each time I hope to have a correct driver for my i-Nova Camera and each time I have not.
When do you think the i-Nova driver will be OK ? M42 said me the driver will be ok for 1 july. I wait for it to capture image with Kstars and my i-Nova camera.
I think that the behavior is the same for iNova PLB-Mx2 than for NBC-M : exposure, gain and probably black level.
I do some new test with my NBC-M iNova caméra :
- Capture with an exposure of 3 mS see attachement "coq-3mS.png
- Capture with an exposure of 1 mS see attachement "coq-1mS.png : no difference between the two images -> exposure setting = KO
- setting ROI to 800X600 exposure not modified. See attachement coq-ROI-800-600.png -> ROI setting = OK
- setting Bining to 2 (x) and 2 (y) exposure not modified. See attachement coq-ROI-binning-2-2.png -> saturation setting binning probably OK
Thank you for this information. I wait for the results with other iNova Camera.
The context is :
ubuntu mate 17.04
INDI Library 1.5
indi_inovaplx driver V1 (24/08/2017)
Camera i-Nova NBC-M
Kstars and Ekos,
I Try the driver in this context :
- I can connect the camera ( See attachment "main Info"),
- It seems that I can set exposure < 1 ms (The value does not appears but the small circle became green ( See attachment "main Info"),
- I can set gain and black level ( See attachment "main Info"),
- I can set all the fields of tab "Image settings" ( See attachment "Image Settings"),
I try to capture two images (the cock of a near church!!) but before I capture an image with PlxCapture in order to have a reference
- With PlxCapture (See attachments Coq-001-Image.pdf, Coq-001-Plan.pdf, Coq-001-Visu.pdf,)
- With INDI , Coq-001 with the same parameters (See attachments Coq-001-INDI-Image.png, Coq-001-INDI-ImageSettings.png, Coq-001-INDI-MainControl.png , )
- With INDI , Coq-002 with an exposure of 1 s (See attachments Coq-002-INDI-Image.png, Coq-002-INDI-ImageSettings.png, Coq-002-INDI-MainControl.png , ).
The images are cut and I am not sure that setting the parameters change really the parameter of the camera.