Hi Jasem or others,
Before ordering a Stellarmate device, I wanted to check out the Ekos software. In trying to do so, I am having difficulty taking an exposure with some devices locally to my Windows 8.1 PC. In particular, two StarlightXpress cameras - one a CCD, the other a Lodestar X2. I can get both to connect, but when I try taking an exposure, they won't complete the exposure, but rather just sit there busy. I can connect and use OK a filter wheel, however. I don't know if it is relevant, but the Frame sizes are odd and I can't seem to change them.
The following is my configuration:
1. Oracle's Virtual Box and Virtual Box Extension Pack were loaded.
2. The latest Ekos VM was loaded.
3. From the console inside Ekos, I ran the following to get the latest:
$sudo apt-get update
4. I loaded the INDI server software on my PC. From the INDI Server, From the INDI Server Control Panel, I selected drivers for the above under "Available device" and moved them to the "Selected devices" column.I then Started the INDI Server.
5. I brought up the VM and then Kstars. From Kstars I selected the Ekos icon.
6. I setup a profile selecting SX CCD.
7. I then Start INDI from the Ekos screen and then Connect.
8. As I indicated above, I seem to be able to connect OK, but then when I try taking Sequence exposure, it just spins. I have tried both Local and Client connection options.
9. Could it be that the Frame error mentioned above is prohibiting the exposure from completing?
Any help would be most appreciated.