wornish wrote: In the end, I decided to compile from source code. Once I got the dependencies sorted it all compiled well, it took a little time. Now I have the latest bleeding-edge 3.5 release !!
So problem solved.
Congrats on compiling, and glad it works for you. It seems that if compiling it yourself did not show the same problems as you had before, then there are problems with the packages made available in the repo that need to be addressed.
The only issue is that the astroberry repo has not been updated with the latest kstars release which only came out last week. Some of us are eager to try the new features hence taking the step to compile from source.