Do you know any kernel version that supports the USB-C port on the RockPro64? I might not need a hub if this one it's usable.
I don't think this other issue is directly related to my problem but I have debugged it further.
The same error occured with Ubuntu Mate so I dug even deeper and I came across a topic on the official ZWO ASI forums where they were talking about different kernel versions (see bbs.astronomy-imaging-camera.com/viewtopic.php?t=8253 )
The error message I got from _dmesg_ was
Ring expansion failed
usbfs: usb_submit_urb returned -12
I have switched from my trusted Raspberry Pi 3 B+ to a ROCKPro64 to be able to use USB 3.0 and minimize my amp glow. It's working fine but occasionally I'm stuck at 0,01 seconds exposure.
It just stops but it pretends to run so that I have to manually abort it. Everything camera related fails, the resolving tries to capture the image for ever.
The only way to solve it is to physically disconnect the camera and plug it back in.
I think it happens when I'm taking a lot of photos in a short amount of time (i.e. with the autofocus).
I'm not using the stock USB 3.0 cable that came with the camera but I've ordered a new USB-C to USB-B cable to try that out.
ASI 183 MC Pro Color
no USB hub
ROCKPro64 with Armbian
KStars latest and nightly
Does anyone know what else might cause this? I tend to say it's rather a hard- than a software problem.
Are you using the Rock64 or the Rock64Pro? It looks like a good alternative.
I am using a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ with Lubuntu 16.04 on a SSD with external Wifi (headless, controlled via VNC).
The setup runs great but the lack of USB 3.0 made me think of better alternatives.
The Pi 4 is not coming out till 2020…
What devices, similar to the Pi, are you guys running KStars on?
It should have USB 3.0 and be able to run Ubuntu (or Lubuntu, or Xubuntu… )
Is the ODROID-XU4 any good?
Greetings from Germany
I had the same problems and ended up using Ubuntu Mate 16.04 and (testing right now) Lubuntu 16.04 on my 3B+
Please not that in order to install one of each I had to put the card into a 3B and do an upgrade, otherwise the 3B+ refused to boot.
I could really use some advise as the auto focus issues I currently experience have already ruined two perfectly good nights and I do not want to spend another night trying to get it right.
Ubuntu Mate 16.04 on Raspberry Pi 3 B+
The Pi is running headless and I am connected via VNC
Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM
The camera is connected via an active USB hub
No mirror lock
The settings in Ekos / INDO are standard AFAIK. The values for pixel pitch and sensor size are set.
I can capture an image, select are star and run the Auto Focus. It will go through a few steps and either be successful or not but that really does not matter because the stars will still be out of focus. I have increased the values for max travel and steps (as shown on the tutorial video) to no avail. The process will finish successfully with the stars still out of focus, decreasing the values for max travel and step will let the process end up unsuccessfully (and also out of focus stars).
The image takes so long to load on the Pi that the built-in LiveView is unusable. I even tried to focus in and out manually and I do spot a difference when changing focus but I did not get it right.
I have used LiveView on the camera itself to get it focussed as good as possible but I think it was not enough for auto focus to work properly.
Does anyone had similar problems and a solution for me? Is there anything I am missing?
Best regards from Germany,
I am having the same problems on the latest nightly, too.
Does it happen every time you try to autofocus? I got it to work several times but some camera operations randomly crash the driver and I had to restart the INDI server and Kstars to get it working again. Sometimes Kstar exited with no error message at all.
It did happen on the autofocus tab, capturing worked without any problems (aside from a "slighty" out of focus camera )
I am using the EOS 5D Mark II, if that matters.
I am going to try it again this evening, how can I see the logs so that I can provide further information?
I am experiencing the same issues and I was wondering if this has been resolved or if it occurs again for some strange reasons.
I have built myself the usb cable for a SkyWatcher HEQ-5 by using a FTDI TTL-232R-5V and a RJ-45 cable
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 USB-Serial (UART) IC
[ 1782.089199] usb 1-1.4: new full-speed USB device number 6 using dwc_otg [ 1782.245183] usb 1-1.4: New USB device found, idVendor=0403, idProduct=6001 [ 1782.245194] usb 1-1.4: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3 [ 1782.245198] usb 1-1.4: Product: TTL232R [ 1782.245203] usb 1-1.4: Manufacturer: FTDI [ 1782.245207] usb 1-1.4: SerialNumber: FTA5JEFP [ 1782.251731] ftdi_sio 1-1.4:1.0: FTDI USB Serial Device converter detected [ 1782.251830] usb 1-1.4: Detected FT232RL [ 1782.252809] usb 1-1.4: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now attached to ttyUSB1
2019-02-13T20:02:50: [ERROR] Error: Communication failed -> tty read failed, check connection: Timeout error