The focused worked much better last night. I now get the expected V / curve during auto focus. I could repeatably move focus away from the focus point and back to the same step number and things were in sharp focus. I still need to tune the parameters for the auto focus algorithm itself. It was never able get it to automatically choose the focus point (though I was able to choose it myself based on the data from the auto focus process). I’m using the linear focus algorithm. Once it finishes the first pass, it then appears to try to take multiple readings at the same steps right around the focus point. However my seeing must be varying enough that it couldn’t get consistent enough readings without moving the focuser and would eventually error out. I adjusted the tolerance % without success, though I’m not sure that’s the right parameter. I didn’t spend a lot of time as I wanted to get started imaging, so I just chose the best focus point and moved on.