1. When you take an image does the Indi viewer show the image as black even when stretched ?
No, the viewer in Indi shows the correct image, as does the Ekos dashboard ("Settings" tab)
2. Double check your frame settings and pixel sizes in Indi settings - I suspect this is the problem
Do you mean these settings?
3. Check your DSS is up todate
It is the current 4.2.3 64bit. I upgraded a few days ago while investigating this issue.
4. If the Indi viewer is showing a non black image then your settings in DSS are wrong
5. In your Indi settings what are your Format etc settings set to - screen print always help here
Do you mean the settings above? If not, which settings do you mean exactly? (I'm quite new to Ekos)
>> Plus take note of the colour indicators in Indi Settings - they should be all green - are any RED indicating a problem.
All are green or white
6. Load one of he many FITS viewer's for Windows and see if the image
Yes, I have a FITS viewer and that shows data in the images.
>> DSS is quite able,as you no doubt already know , to handle FITS from Indi - I use it via Astrotoaster all the time and there is no problems - so long as your settings in Indi AND DSS are correct.
Yes, I thought so. This can't be a general problem or my search before posting would have come up with either a solution, or a long list of people reporting issues. I'm sure this is something on my side (either Ekos or DSS) but I'm not experienced enough to investigate further on my own.
These are the FITS settings in my DSS: