As expected operator error is the cause.
I have just been back into the settings and somehow (fat fingers I'm guessing) the image settings had gone to RGB instead of RAW16. When you choose RGB the RGGB setting in the debayer disappears.
Everyday is a schoolday!
Until recently I have been using my Altair 26C with no issues running Astroberry/RPi4. The last couple of sessions over the last few days I have been seeing some strange issues with the images that I have been capturing.
1. The individual image file size has jumped from 49.5Mb to 74.5Mb.
2. It also appears that images are not being de-bayered (hence the huge file size) and are also only 8bit instead of the usual 16bits.
This means that when I try to process the images in Siril I am getting "MAD is Null" errors and the process stops.
I have been through my set up in EKOS/INDI and I cannot see what if anything that I have changed to cause this. I would be grateful for any pointers please.
Just a quick update on this one. I purchased the Argon PSU (from the PiHut in the UK) and have been using it for the last few weeks or so for 6 or 7 imaging sessions and not one crash encountered.
Thanks all again for the advice.
Thanks for this Willem. I'll give the Argon PSU a try and see how I get on first and hopefully that will resolve my issues. All very useful information!
I've just ordered the Argon PSU. Will report back! Thanks again.
Many thanks for the reply.
I'm away from home at the moment so I don't have access to the Pi. I'll certainly have a look to see if I have the logs still when I return.
The PSU that I am running is the Official UK Raspberry Pi 4 PSU (5.1v, 3A) into the Argon One M2 case. I see that Argon do their own PSU which is rated at 5.2v and 3.5A which might be worth a try?
Thanks Jerry, I hadn't thought about the temperature, mind you I'm over in Scotland so I'm only usually around 0C plus or minus in winter. Nowhere near what you guys are getting over in Canada.
I guess if the temperature isn't too extreme then it would just add to the cooling and be of some benefit.
I'm currently running Astroberry on a mount attached RPi4 (with M.2 512Gb SSD) and remoting in from indoors.I have an extended aerial on the RPi for the WiFi so all is good with the connection. I have found recently however that the RPi/Astroberry is liable to crash whenever it is asked to do something out of the normal. For instance, cancel a plate solve or a mount solve routine. I then have to restart Astroberry and restart EKOS......
I was thinking of getting a refurbished Mac Mini (16Gb RAM and an SSD) and loading up KStars / EKOS / PHD2 and having that at the mount and then remoting in from a MacBook using something like Screens.
My current set up is an HEQ5 PRO guiding with a ZWO120MM/Mini and a Redcat51 plus Altair 26C Hypercam all running through a Pegasus Powerbox Advance 2. I'm thinking that the large image size of the Altair might be overloading the RPi and causing these crashes??
I'd be more than grateful to hear from anyone with any comments and thanks in advance.
Many thanks for your reply. I'll go back and double check my settings again to make sure I'm set up correctly. As I said it was the first attempt so very likely that user error was high on the possibilities!
I have been guiding with PHD2 (Astroberry / RPi4) with good results and am now looking to do some plate solving with EKOS. All the information that I can find appears to be when using a GOTO mount where the solving is used to slew the mount to a selected target but nothing for a mount like the Star Adventurer. I did have a go last week but kept getting "Not Enough Stars" coming up when pressing solve and using the internal solver and also nova.astrometry (RPi4 was connected to wi-fi). I tried different gains and exposure times with no apparent success. I was using a Redcat 51/Sony A7iii and a ZWOMM Miniguider at the time. I did try both scopes to solve but kept getting the same response. In the end I just manually pointed to the target and guided with no issues. It would be good to get the plate solving figured out though and was looking for some advice on the correct settings to try next time.
Thanks all in advance.