Looks like you used Jammy... which is Ubuntu... which is what I had no issues with. My issue was with both available versions of Debian from the Orange Pi site.
I think the stability issues are more an Orange Pi issue than the VNC server, as when it happens, even hooking up to wired monitor/keyboard/mouse it's non-responsive.
Did they resole the issue with the OrangePI, Debian OS and running a VNC server? I know with my
I had issues with Debian that did not present with Ubuntu.
Have one on order and will will (on my
) compare it' performance against my current RPi 4's that I use with Stellarmate. I realize that this boards 2GB RAM limitation is going to impact the performance against the RPi 4's 4GB and 8GB setups... but it could be an interesting option since it was only about $52 USD with the case compared to the almost $200 for the RPi 4's setups.
Did you also add in in the optical train?
My issue was resolved after I started doing the below.
Start of night, point scope at celestial pole. Turn mount on, turn on the RPI and load up my optical train.
Choose a star away from the celestial pole in KStars.
Mount reliably slews to that location.
Plate solve for the star.
Began my captures for the night.
End of night, park mount once more.
Very glad to have been of some assistance to someone.... I am a RANK neophyte in this field... albeit I'm slowly getting better certain aspects. Stellarmate (KStars/EKOS) doesn't quite always work the way that I would (as a neophyte) expect... but as time goes on, I still learn more.
Looks like you haven't defined any trains yet?
If you are going through the handset and using a simple serial->USB converter cable, you need to set the mount up as a SYNSCAN instead of EQMod.
The only time you use EQMod is when you totally bypass the handset with a cable that goes direct from the computer in actual box that the handset attaches to normally.
Have not had sufficient clear sky (pure overcast for about last week until today) to get out and see if the 1.7.2 install will make a difference.
I now have a card with it and 1.7.4 on it.... and my issue may have been the fact that I was plate solving near the celestial pole... but wont' be to confirm that until I can get the rig back out.
I just upgraded to the latest updates (via the SM OS SM tools.
Now, my mount slews the opposite direction than what it should and in the INDI control panel , the Reverse indicator is on in the Motion Control tab fpr EQMOD... and even selecting the E/W & N/S doesn't change the behavior.
If referring to my comment.. guess what... I couldn't find out because VNC was non-responsive, as was trying to SSH into the RPi to try to run htop.
Because actually on my network, when working correctly the RPi4 is snappy enough to not have any issues. I have MORE issues trying to connect a remote KStars up to the RPi since the Mac version of it frequently dumps on itself in a most smelly manner.