Sorry, I did not confirm the problem was fixed.
There is still a behaviour difference between the two kinds, but I consider it as neglectible and not worth bothering.
I did this and it seems it remains.
I write this, because I previously had to suffer saved values not being kept from session to session.
But, yes, this doesn't seem to happen anymore,
It is - indeed - disabled.
I replied in the bug report.
Yes, they should be retained. I keep my fingers crossed.
My setup is rPI4 / 8GB / Stellarmate OS / ZWO 183MC non cooled.
I recently discovered that all the darks and biases made with this setup are unuseable.
Because the driver adds wb correction, which I didn't know was possible. Red and blue values are multiplied by a certain factor.
For instance, a bias at G120 / o10 has median values of 704 for green channel, but 731 for red and 1336 for blue.
All other values are affected too : sigma, MAD, etc.
So, as I wrote before, those files are quite unuseable and hence the awful results I get in preprocessing.
This is not the camera's fault, but the driver's, as if I use another soft the darks and biases do not suffer those problems, all values are consistent
Did someone else ever faced this kind of behaviour ?
Any suggestion on how to work this around ?
This is exactly what I did. It flawlessly failed, though.
No matter if I run it from SM App or SM OS, I cannot get the alignment process succeed.
I spent another 4 hours yesterday, with my D4s instead of the ZWO. And decided I would do it on SM OS.
I first tried to get autofocus work, because I wanted to be sure the fails were not because of incorrect focus.
About more than an hour later the focusing still could not be achieved. It always failed despites the many setups I had tried.
On the end it become obvious to me that I would have to continue with bahtinov. Much more faster and precise until I can find why it fails.
Then I repeated the polar align procedure. Polaris was in the field with the 200mm photo lens in the parking position.
It once passed the first two acquisition / resolving / rotating, then stood stuck on the third rotating for about ten minutes before I decided it was hung.
Then, for more than two hours, it did not pass the first resolving, whatever I did try.
So, for now, I am going to give up both align and autofocus and stay with my manual approaches which I can achieve much faster and accurately than the software.
Bringing polaris at its exact place in the circle takes me about 40s, I need another 2~3 minutes to manual focus using bahtinov mask and then 10~30 s to have the target manually brought in the field.
Unless this was due to pending update that has just happened.
Yes, google did not want to be my friend, and I thought it could be an abandonned item.
OK, so only a typo in the hardware list.
Could someone please describe the steps I have to follow in order to get my mount (polar-)aligned from SM ?
I am using a Star Adventurer GTI with a ZWO ASI183MC and a telephoto lens witch gives a resulting focal length of 540mm and approx 3.8°x2.5° fov.
I spent more than 4 hours yesterday trying to achieve this reading the align section of 3.6.6 ekos manual.
It always failed, supposingly due to not enough stars in the picture or incorrect fov.
According to the manual, it seems so easy a baby could get it work, so I really don't understand what I am doing wrong.
Any help really apreciated.
I recently bought a Star Adventurer GTI. Nice thing. Easy to use.
However, this mount does not seem to exist in SM, only the Sky Adventurer GTI.
Are those mounts the same ?
Not sure about the location where to ask this...
I am running SM OS on a PI4B and, most of the time, use a tablet to access it via VNC in the SM APP.
For testing purposes, I attached a monitor, mouse and keyboard on the PI while monitoring it with the tablet.
If I then move the cursor on the tablet, it moves synchronously on the attached monitor.
However, if I move the cursor with the attached mouse, it will not move on the tablet, but if I then right click at the cursor's position, the drop down menu will appear at its actual position on both the monitor and the tablet.
It would be useful if actions on the PI could be seen on the tablet display.
A tip ?
Some settings here are really awesome !
In comparison, mine is much more modest :
- carbon tripod given for 20 kg load
- equatorial mount from e-bay
- customised Star-adventurer classic
- laser pointer (fine previously when using SLR, nearly quite useless with cam)
- Nikon lenses (here the Nikkor Reflex 500mm f/
- RPi4B 8 / 256 GB / SM OS
- homemade 10000 mA battery for the RPi
- 4xUSB hub
- 5000 mA battery for the hub
- newly bought ZWO ASI183MC classic - I better have stayed with my SLR !
The PI, batteries and hub are assembled with velcro and attached to the mount with velcro too.
I am now in search of a USB to SSD adapter in the style of the one in attachment, that could allow me to get rid of the SD card and could be attached to the hub.
I admit I dont know which criterions have t be taken into account.
New tests that confirm that the values must match those known by the camera, as you can see below.
First, it browses the list of known values and tries to find the nearest :
Finding optimal exposure setting for 0.333334 seconds in shutterspeed2 (count=58)... "
Closest match: 0.333333 seconds Index: 34 "
Setting radio/menu widget shutterspeed2: 34 (1/3) "
Setting new configuration OK. "
Using predefined exposure time: 0.333333 seconds "