Davis Instruments Vantage Pro/Pro2/Vue driver is included with libindi v1.2+
Under Ubuntu, you can install the driver via:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mutlaqja/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libindi1
The driver supports all Davis Instruments line of Vantage weather stations that are connected using the USB Data Logger connecter. The driver displays data for the following parameters in metric units:
- Weather: Weather forecast (clear, cloudy, rainy...etc). 0 for Clear/Sunny, 1 for partly cloudy or light haze, 2 for everything else.
- Temperature (C): Inside temperature in Celcuis.
- Humidity (C): Relative Humidity %
- Barometer (millibars): Barometer pressure value.
- Wind Speed: Wind speed in kilometers per hour.
- Wind Direction: 0 is for no data. 90 East, 180 South, 270 South, 360 North.
- Rain Rate: Rain rate in mm/hour.
- Solar Radiation: Solar Radiation in watt/meter^2
All parameter values have an Ok, Warning, and Alert ranges that can be specified by the user in the Parameters tab. Weather, temperature, wind speed, and rain rate are considered Critical Paramters. Critical paramters are listed in the main control tab in the Weather status property. The user can specify the minimum and maximum range for each zone. Any value outside the Warning zone is automatically considered Alert. The overall weather status property reflects the worse state of the individual critical parameters. If one critical paramter status is Warning while another is Alert then the overall weather status property is Alert.
Before you connect, check that the port and baud rate settings in the Options tab are correct. By default, the port is /dev/vantage which is selected automatically by the udev rules file once you connect the station to the PC. You can specify the update period is seconds (default 60) in the main control panel. To update weather data manually, press the Refresh button. If you change the paramter ranges under the Paramters tab, save the ranges in the configuratio file by clicking on Save in the Options tab.
There are no known bugs for this driver. If you found a bug, please report it at INDI's bug tracking system at SourceForge. (You can log in with a variety of existing accounts, including Google, Yahoo and OpenID.)